Wanted Attention: Australian Members

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Trade' started by Asia-Off-Grid, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

To preface this post, I personally do not concern myself with who knows who I am, or where I reside. However, I do both understand and appreciate the fact that other members here set a priority concerning their personal privacy, OPSEC, etc. So, if that is your priority, you may wish to pass on further reading of this post.

For those who may be willing to do so, I need someone who would forward to me (via Australian Post), some small fencing products that I would purchase from a business in Australia. The business would ship these items to you, free of charge, anywhere within Australia.

These items are perfectly legal in Australia and legal to ship elsewhere around the world. The company just chooses not to ship internationally. The items are simple, small plastic electric insulators to be nailed to wooden posts.

I would need 400 of these insulators, or 4 separate bags shipped to me. (66 posts, 5 wires attached to each post, giving me a total of 330 insulators needed to build this fence.)

s-l400.

Attempting to add the link to the eBay advert causes other text to be deleted. So, here is the link, not parsed (my apologies), if you wish to view the actual advert:
    Code:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NAIL-ON-INSULATOR-100-TIMBER-WOOD-POST-NAIL-ON-ELECTRIC-FENCE-INSULATORS/181922822531
    Please feel free to send me a Private Message through the forums, if you are willing to assist me with this.

Please Note: I would have the items shipped to a location where you can pick them up. Then, they would need to be forwarded, via Australian Post, to me in Cambodia. I will be happy to compensate you for both your time, costs and help.

Thanks to all, whether willing / able to assist, or not.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

What a relief....I thought you were wanting a black gun mailed to you part by part...:eek:

3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah I have sold stuff to Australia.
    You don't want to pay shipping from here if you can avoid it.
    I think china ships just about everywhere.
    Most of the time those little plastic electric fence pieces are made in china even in the US.

Not that long ago I bought a big old sack of T8 and T5 florescent tube bases, small plastic and metal high voltage bits. Postage from china was like $1, only took 2 weeks to get here.

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Asia-Off-Grid

Agreed. Over my years in SEA, I have found that I get much cheaper shipping rates from the UK or Australia / New Zealand, than from the US.

When having items shipped from the US, I typically have them shipped to someone who may be coming over to Cambodia. Unfortunately, it will be some time before anyone else is coming, whom I personally know.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Man, you ain't kidding. I did some research on my side and found a couple of items that would work and I'd be willing to pick up at the store to save local shipping. Tractor supply is 20 minutes away. But shipping to Cambodia from the US is NUTS. The cheapest I found (assumed 10lb 18x12x12) was $78 for 7-14 days. That's amazing.

I'd be willing to help out but I'm guessing shipping is a show stopper.

For the record, what I found were:
    American FarmWorks Yellow Wood Post Knob Insulators at Tractor Supply Co.
    and
    American FarmWorks Yellow Slant Nail Insulators at Tractor Supply Co.

Both are: $5.99/25 - $24/100 - $96/400

Something else to consider, assuming it's possible to ship from them, would be Alibaba. They are a wholesale aggregator of "damned near anything" made in China. Found the below (minimum order 1000) for $0.05-$0.10 per piece. At that price you are looking at $100 for 1000 of them...just a thought. It looks to be the same as something on the Tractor Supply site that claims to be UV stable...so...

Permanent Fence Insulator White/heavy Duty Insulator (pack Of 25) - Buy Electric Fence Insulator /fencing Products,Electronic Assesories,Hd Round Insulators Product on Alibaba.com

Same price per item, but minimum order 500

Claw Insulator For Wire,Polywire Or Rope 4-8mm/heavy Duty Wood Post Insulator For Semi-permanent Fencing - Buy Electric Fence Insulator /fencing Products,Zareba Heavy Duty Wood Post Claw Insulator,Hd Round Insulators Product on Alibaba.com

And I'll just keep editing this post. :)

The same as what they sell at tractor supply (again, minimum order 1000 but for $0.05-0.1/each).
    Slant Nail Insulators/snug Wood Post Insulator - Buy T- Post Insulator /electric Fencing Insulator,Snug Wood Post Insulator Pack,Post Insulator For Electric Fencing/wire Insulator/ Product on Alibaba.com

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Awesome, Darklight.

sec_monkey likes this.
  7. Asia-Off-Grid

Thank you. I will start viewing these links, shortly.

sec_monkey likes this.
  8. Asia-Off-Grid

Seems like I will have to have my bear start digging, to access the Tractor Supply website.
    They have Cambodia blocked from viewing their site.

9. duane

duane Monkey+++

Have found that bulk pricing often in greenhouse supplies lets me buy 50 units for the same price as 10 in the shrink wrapped individual packaging and that distribution systems often have lower shipping rates than individual stores etc. I would think same would be true for fence and other supplies. Doesn't the company that makes the electric fence unit also sell the insulators?

10. Asia-Off-Grid

Apparently not. Nor do they sell anything else related to the complete system, including wire, other connectors, etc. I imagine, if I hadn't gotten a tester with the unit, they wouldn't have sold that either. Here in Southeast Asia, I consider myself lucky for getting a working unit with a tester. :D

Of course, I still haven't checked the DC powering side, to see if that works. At the moment, I am just assuming it works. I want to go with solar to power it. I would rather do that than to power it by AC, due to power cuts being so frequent here.

EDIT: In fact, if any of you good folk ever want to experience a grid down scenario, feel free to fly over for a visit. They happen at any given time, without warning. I pretend I am in a SHTF scenario sometimes, when mains power cuts occur. Then, I break out the peanut butter and jam - or ask the boss to start makin' some waffles. :D

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  11. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

If some other random Aussie has not replied let me know. I can have them sent here and onward. The seller is only about 15mins away from me but not sure when I could get there, shipping is free anyway....and the ebay/in store cost is the same.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
  6. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  7. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Media

Baby_quail

Welcome to the world, Little One!
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  12. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  13. Alanaana
  14. Alanaana
    These quail egg clippers are a game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
    Media

First_eggs

I was so thrilled to find that first set of eggs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  18. Alanaana
    Media

Free_range

It was a dream come true to have a free-range flock!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7