1. We are sorrowed to report that one of the Founding Members has passed on. Dee (Righthand) is well remembered as contributing much to the operation of SurvivalMonkey, and is already greatly missed. Little lady, big person.

ATTN: travelers - your hotel lock may be hackable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Oct 7, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

If man makes it man can break into it---and usually does. The only way to secure your items is to keep them under eye or in hand--then watch out for pick pockets--lol.

3. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

I always use the bar locks that most hotels have. Although that doesn't help while your gone.

4. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I put what I call Lil Squealer alarms on my door when I stay in hotel. When I'm in room its on, & turn on when I leave room. I put it at Ear Level. Painfully High Pitched & Loud!! Also when I'm in room, theres a doorstop put there as well.

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

6. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

What alarm is that? I have seen a few but didn't know you could set them as you leave. How do you get back in, is there a delay so you can turn it off?

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ajax, no delay ya just gotta be ready fer it. I got a ton of them fer $1 each. As with the sticky on back they not really reusable.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7