aug of '96 american survival guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunbartender, Oct 30, 2011.

1. gunbartender

gunbartender Monkey+++

does anyone have this issue that could scan copy fax e-mail etc. a copy of the take down .22 article??????

thanks

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I should have one but it's packed away someplace....

3. sniper69

sniper69 Monkey+

I'll have to look through some boxes to see if I have a copy of that month and year. :)

4. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Just Curious

Is there some tech info or advice in particular in the article that you need? ..... the gun info guys here might be able to supply the necessary info from a different source ......

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

ColtCarbine likes this.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I was in contact with the editor before it went south...seems the owner ( old guy?) died, and his widow took over. Being Chinese, she quickly changed the themes and it went to a sports type of magazine and then folded. He went online and I have lost contact with him over the years...Originally, I was going to do some photography and articles for the magazine, before it disappeared.
    Just prior to the magazine closing, it all became very "cloak and dagger-ish".
    I'd call a number, then he'd (Jim Benson) would call me back from a phone outside...(weird!) He was trying to negotiate buying the magazine, but certain "parties" were against the continuation of ASG....
    I just tried to reach him online..Modern Survival Magazine, "online", has lost their site due to it being discontinued...shame....

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Should have it but like another will have to dig it out. Sure did hate to see the mag go away. Guess it was my favorite.

8. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Mine are more than likely packed away with several others: "Guns and Ammo", and my "Soldier of Fortune's".....Many years of collecting those things!

9. tc556guy

tc556guy Monkey+++

If you are still in need of that article, I recently scanned that issue into PDF form along with many other issues

10. Illini Warrior

gunbartender said:
    does anyone have this issue that could scan copy fax e-mail etc. a copy of the take down .22 article??????

If you are still in need of that article, I recently scanned that issue into PDF form along with many other issues

you can download ASG magazine issues up to 1992 at: http://stevespages.com/page7e.htm ...... and there are selective 1990's issues available at SCRIBD ....

any PDFs of the issues from 1992 and forward would be appreciated by many .....

11. tc556guy

tc556guy Monkey+++

I scanned in most of the post '92 issues. There are gaps in months where I didn't get to the store to grab copies ( for instance ) or co-workers stole my issues at work...I'm trying to get folks to loan me issues to scan in to fill the gaps.
    If you want copies of the issues I've scanned into PDFs, I have a thumbdrive that's being passed around that has that stuff on it. Send me a snail mail address and I'll get the drive to whoever wants the info.

12. Illini Warrior

check on Steve's Pages for those missing 1992 issues ....

13. tc556guy

tc556guy Monkey+++

I already downloaded everything from Steves Pages a long time ago.
    I even offered him copies of the issues I had scanned and he rather curtly replied that he was 2 years behind in posting stuff to his site and would only accept pristine scans of issues.

14. tc556guy

tc556guy Monkey+++

Its not 1992 that I have holes with, its some of the years between 1992 and the end of the magazines run, and Steve has no issues up for those years. For those of you looking for issues already posted on the net I would also point you to buckeyebeach on Scribd. He has many issues and none of his posted stuff requires an upload or paid membership on your part to download

These were the issues I scanned into PDFs last year.
    Between Steves stuff, Bucks stuff and mine, I still have some issue continuity problems.

Volume 12
    Numbers 8,9
    Volume 13
    Numbers 1,
    Volume 14
    Numbers 2,4,5,7,8,12
    Volume 15
    Numbers 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,
    Volume 16
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 17
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 18
    Volume 19
    Numbers 1,2,4,6,7 ( address labels start here ),8,9,10,11,12
    Volume 20
    Volume 21
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10.11,12
    Volume 22
    Numbers 1,2,3,4,5,6, 7,8, 9
    Then the transition to “Self reliance Journal”
    Volume 22
    Numbers 10,11,12
    Volume 23
    Numbers

15. Illini Warrior

yeh .... you probably have more of the later issues of ASG than most anyone .... I have the 1980's issues stored in the ASG binders they sold at the time .... back then the magazine was 100% "survivalist" ....

16. tc556guy

tc556guy Monkey+++

Do you have any that you'd be willing to loan me to be scanned into PDF form to fill in my gaps?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7