Authorize.net suspends use by firearms retailers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkLight, Sep 25, 2013.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Just got this alert last night. I will SO be sending the letter and calling today...

Grass Roots North Carolina - GRNC Alert 9-24-13 AUTHORIZE .NET "DE-AUTHORIZES" GUN SELLERS

Here are the logos to look for:

secure90x72. authorizenet. cybersource_logo.

I hope that Amazon doesn't use them but if they do...oh well.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AMAZON is big enough to do their own CC Processing, In-House, and keep the fees for themselves....

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Guess I will have to jack up their price for electrical services we perform in their office. Wonder what the weanies would think of their vendors carrying weapons on premise, as I have done many a time....biglaff

4. Yard Dart

Related article:
    Take that, jerks: McMillan Merchant Solutions, PistolPay offer pro-gun alternatives to anti-gun banks and payment companies

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  5. Yard Dart

An update to the story:

Credit card firm cuts off nation's No. 1 gun store --- for selling guns | WashingtonExaminer.com

6. DarkLight

Nice YD, thanks for the additional link. I'm glad to see it making news outside of NC.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I wonder if Visa will stop folks from using their card to purchase ammo and firearms?...

8. DarkLight

"VISA...apparently it's not everywhere you want to be..."

9. DarkLight

1000 rounds of .223 - $600
    1000 rounds of .45 - $400
    1000 rounds of 9mm - $300
    Being able to pay for it with CASH (screw credit cards)...PRICELESS!

*Editorial note*
    Yes, I know that many debit cards are still either VISA or MasterCard and that when buying online they want something other than paper FRNs...

10. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

"...for everything else there's VISA MasterCard."

False advertising? I smell class action! Open to every prospective gun buyer that planned on buying a gun with their VISA card. I know I was planning on it...someday. ;) We could settle out of court for say 1000 rounds of .308 or 5.56 each? [js]

Byte

Scratch that...that's MasterCards slogan! Will just have to wait 'till they jump on the bandwagon I guess. Oops! DarkLight had the VISA slogan right.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    kellory likes this.
  11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Make mine 12ga buck-n-ball .22lr, and Dragon's breath. With a few cases of aerial parachute flares thrown in. (Star shot?)

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Sent off an eMail to VISA, stating that I would be CANCELING, or Transferring ALL my VISA Accounts to MasterCard Accounts, and EXACTLY WHY, I have taken this action. I got a Reply from them, AFTER they checked the Included Account Numbers and amount of Business done, with them, that they were "Sorry to lose my business" but that this was NOT a VISA Policy, but one of their FrontEnd Processors, and they list a bunch of their other FrontEnd Processors that still do business with the Firearms Industry. I Replied, that after 5 Decades with them, I had "No Interest in ANY further Business Dealings with an Outfit, such as they have demonstrated themselves to be." We will see what they come back with, after that Reply. ..... YMMV....

Moatengator and kellory like this.
  13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Translation: We're just the parent company. We of course have NO control of the baby companies that couldn't survive 2hours without our support, honest!

14. DarkLight

Not only that, but they flat LIED to you.
    From Wikipedia (verifying other sources now):
    VISA owns Authorize.net via CyberSource.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7