Avalon Hill - Outdoor Survival

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by CraftyMofo, Nov 30, 2022.

1. CraftyMofo

CraftyMofo Monkey+++

Just curious if anyone knows anything about the above title?
    YouTube recommended a Avalon Hill video for me, and it brought back a lot of memories. I had forgotten about "Outdoor Survival". They did a quick overview of the game, and I thought it might have a lot of concepts that would interest us Monkeys.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Looks interesting, but I have found that game simulations never prepare you for the twists handed you in a real survival situation.

CraftyMofo and Seawolf1090 like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I agree with you to some extent, however a game simulation does have some uses in creating and developing a survival mindset.

A survival game simulation can:

introduce outdoor survival as a topic for discussion to those who haven't already had any exposure to it.

Offer some basic outdoor survival knowledge and a repertoire of options in how to deal with fundamental outdoor survival options (shelter / water (collection, filtration, purification, storage) / food (hunting, gathering, trapping, preparation) / first aid / navigation / distress signaling / protection against dangerous animals etc.

Become a basis for planning considerations for outdoor survival contingencies, including equipment and supplies.

Here is a link to the game.

https://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1376118153617.pdf

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

@chelloveck Those Bold headers above sound like great forum discussion topics.

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7