Flu Avian Flu? Why so many warnings?

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Woodsman, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Woodsman

Woodsman Monkey+++

From the people we don't seem to trust?

Government websites and CNN are telling us to prepare. I call Bullsh** on it all.
    Let's face it-- If our leaders tell me everything is alright and not to worry, I'm looking out for something big.

Now they tell me to worry, I'm looking for the other reason

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Maybe the Pork (the other white meat) and Beef (it's what's for dinner) Councils are hurting for financial support with everyone's healthy lifestyles claiming chicken and fish as a main staple. I bet they're behind the potential closing of the salmon season in Oregon this year, too.

I'm just funnin' with ya', Woodsman! I wonder about the influx of warnings, too.

I guess all we can do is sit, wait and watch with our canned tuna and powdered milk.

Whatever the reason; prepared is not a bad thing for everyone to be. No matter how much warning everyone has (and from whom it comes), there'll still be those who aren't when the need arises.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I think part of it is "Post-Katrina" reaction, they don't want to take as big a PR hit if it develops into something close to or at pandemic levels. One thing to keep in mind, I get literally hundreds of agriculture news columns/articles from publications throughout the world e-mailed to my USDA Gov. e-mail address weekly. The US is really a little slow to jump on the H5N1 bandwagon. I have been seeing this for the last couple of years, it is just over the last 6 months or so that I am seeing more US articles addressing it, and the Gov. acknowledging that containment is futile. You can check out my agency's website www.fsis.usda.gov or the link to the Gov. flu site www.pandemicflu.gov. No it's real, the big question is will it mutate into something that will kill a big % of us. Now is as a good a time as any to start preparing for a long stay at home, even the Gov. recommends having supplies to do so. Which is ususually characteristic of them.

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Great link E.L.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[ditto]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7