Back to the real world

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blogger, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blogger

blogger Monkey+++

<div>Well, it's been a long time coming. My girls are getting old enough to know a bit more about my job and what I do. They are starting to miss me when I am gone. I have a year left when I get back and I am finally leaving the service. A lot of my buds tell me that it's too much of an investment to quit now. Unfortunately, the toll on my family cannot be quantified. When all is said and done, I will miss it.<br />
    <br />
    It's not all doom and gloom. Now I get to start a new chapter. Of all the places that we have lived over the years, we really enjoyed Southern Arizona. Since I volunteered for this last rotation, I was given choice of assignment... anywhere. We chose to go back to the high desert. Good saving discipline means that we have the right amount for a good down payment. Something that was near impossible before with the uncertainty of my old life. <br />
    <br />
    We have some possible homesteads picked out. The abundant public land owned by both federal and state gov'ts mean that playgrounds are multiplied. With a little hard work and a bit of prayer we should have a place by May.<br />
    <br />
    I will enjoy sharing this new project in the future.<br />
    <br />
    [beer]</div>

Click here to be taken to the Blog...
    Survival Monkey Forums

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7