Backwoods Home Magazine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tacmotusn, Dec 15, 2010.

1. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Previously I have referenced articles at Backwoods Home magazine and stated I have no connection to them other than really liking their magazine and being a subscriber. In fact I was going to reference their new Jan/Feb 2011 issue and tell you all there is an excellent article in it on how to home can bacon for your storage preps. Today in the process of going to their mirror website to their magazine, I found that they also have a forum. I just spent the last couple of hours feasting my eyes on the info to be found there. It's not Survival Monkey by any means, and I am not trying to poach members, I just wanted to let you all know it is another sourch of quality info out there for the preppers to look into. I will not link them, they aren't hard to find. Their forum just started a little over a year ago. Enjoy!

2. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

Thanks for the info. Backwoods Home is a great magazine. They have been taking some flak from liberal subscribers lately, over their stand on liberty. That only makes me like them more...

3. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Got some old copies of their magazine from somewhere, they do indeed have great stuff. I didn't know they were still around. Shall have to look into getting a subscription.

4. thePeege

thePeege Monkey+

Great magazine. Didnt know they had an online forum. I'll have to check it out.

5. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

I've been a subscriber for a number of years, didn't know about the forum!
    Thanks, Tac!

6. franks71vw

franks71vw Monkey+++

Great info on those magazines... been looking at them for years thats how I ended up here actually...b::[applaud]

7. Brad Singley

Brad Singley Monkey+

Great magazine that I buy when it comes out. Their forum is great reading but good luck trying to post a picture on there. Forum needs to be a little more user friendly in my opinion. Great reading though.

8. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

I have never been a subscriber of their magazine, but have been an online reader. As I just saw this thread I decided to click on my link to their site and found a very interesting article posted on the site. Here. Good introduction to silver and gold.

9. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

I know a guy who met his wife from her ad in Backwoods

It's a great mag and valuable resource. The archives can be very helpful

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7