Backyard bushcraft

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Hanzo, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So I have an Enzo Birk. And I have used it for a couple of camping trips and haven't resharpened it yet. It was getting a little dirty, so I figured it was time to touch up the edge and give it a bath.

I grabbed a sheet of Bed Bath & Beyond catalog and it was still sharp. Gave the sheet a few quick slices, then took a hair fine curl. Then shaved my arm hairs and called it good. Testament to Japanese water stone sharpening. Edge lasted a long time.

Washed off all the gunk and noticed the hinge is not as smooth as it used to be. Anyone have suggestions on deeper cleaning and maybe a food safe dry lube?

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The other night, as the moon was getting full, the little monkey and I laid in the hammock together for almost two hours, just talking and clowning while watching the heavens. Great daddy daughter time!! I highly recommend.

Our view. The moon and clouds and stars (phone camera not good enough for that) over our lilikoi. The moon was so bright.

After work today, I cooled off outside in the shade. And my hammock. Watched the big critter try to eat the little one.

SB21, Motomom34 and GrayGhost like this.
  3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Good times!

SB21 and Hanzo like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Looks like a dragon going after a scorpion .
    great pictures

SB21 and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

SB21 and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7