Bad Start

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Meat, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I made coffee but somehow reused yesterday’s pod, looked like water. I exchanged pods, poured the water but forgot to put a cup underneath. I forgot my oatmeal before class too, had to turn around and get it. Bad start to the day. If only there were a reset button.

Zimmy, Alanaana, natshare and 9 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Key word here is ''Pod''?

Alanaana, techsar, Meat and 4 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Sorry, but [LMAO][LMAO][LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

That's how it goes with advanced age. Starts with little things like pods and coffee cups. Then you start misplacing car keys Next thing you know you're leaving the house without trousers.

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

If you mess up the caffienation stage of your morning, then the day MUST be aborted. This scenario is exactly why. The likely hood of a domino effect effect of increasing intensity that will turn into a regional disaster is higher than you realize.

For example:
    1. Failure to successfully caffienate
    2. Forgot oatmeal
    3. Return home increasing road travel leads to running a yellow light to make up time
    4. An overly cautious school bus driver named Karen slams on the breaks then has a breakdown
    5. Cindy Lou's dad Gus is notified that the bus driver is now holding her and all the other children hostage until they "calm the freak down".
    6. Gus loses control of his truck carrying nuclear fuel attempting to make a U turn. Enriched uranium rods break free and roll all over the highway
    7. The Springfield nuclear plant misses it's fuel shipment and shuts down
    8. At that precise moment the new stealth space shuttle is taking off and the loss of power destroys it's guidance system
    9. Two weeks later the shuttle crashes into the Moon at a previously unknown fault convergence.
    10. A third of the Moon disintegrates causing earthquakes, tidal waves, and increased phone calls about your car's extended warranty. @DKR writes a series of novels based on the event becoming the wealthiest author in history.
    ALL OF THIS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO PROPERLY MAKING COFFEE.

Note: Stop using pods. Get a reusable pod and fill with better coffee for a fraction of the price.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

One little thing gets off-kilter in the morning, our whole day is thrown off. Been there, done that. Went back to bed.

SB21, Gator 45/70, techsar and 2 others like this.
  7. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Note, this is only one mistake away from disaster, Don't do it!
    I Got the wake up kiss from the bride, then the two drooling Newfies and the Malinator, right before one of them steps on my junk, stubbed my pinky toe on the door jamb, almost cut my self thinking about shaving, and nearly fell out of the trailer, confusing the door with the fridge, but thank gawd I started the Cofveve, every one of the previous events would have paled in comparison to an uncaffinated Wife on the loose, lord help me if I don't get the Cofveve ratio correct, there will be hell to pay for days after, and don't forget the honey do list expanding because of my seemingly small missteps! Thank the gods I didn't screw it up and got the Cofveve to the wife just in time, otherwise I would be out in the garden doing lord knows what, or down in the lower fields wrasslin bears, or chasin dragons up into the trees! Round these here parts, there is one simple rule, No Cofveve, No Ura-Ki, and worse, No Bride, which means no anything else, Period!

Zimmy, Bandit99, SB21 and 6 others like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The rest of the day went fine. I say it was a fluke, tired perhaps.

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Don't be shy man, Really now How was the rest of the day?

Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Nothing else to report really. I didn’t screw up anything at work for once.

Seawolf1090, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

1 more day man, Hang tough

Ura-Ki and Meat like this.
  12. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I hope your day got better from there. I recently gave up on the pods completely and switched to instant coffee. Lol. I'm sure I'll go back to more elaborate options, but it's kind of nice to be lazy for a little while...

13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

All went well this morn. Yay.

14. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Sounds like you barely dodged a bullet OR you did the right thing and went back to bed.

15. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Unfortunately, your dilemma is not finished as a new study just released documented the effects of missing one's correct caffeine dosage can have negative effects lasting weeks if not months. It is generally recommended that one doubles their require dosage for 7-10 days, then slowly lowering the dosage back to a normal level all the while being aware of any new side effects. Also, family and friends should be aware of your dilemma and use caution around you while you slowly return to your required dosage.

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This is the way!
    If my left eye isn't twitching, I'm not caffeinated properly, and must stop for a level up charge, usually Dutch Bros. Does the trick, but may require more serious efforts such as a nitro cold brew charge, and in the rare serious case, a Vietnamese Iced Coffee to bring me back to normalcy may be required! Don't let your caffination levels drop to such levels, a great imbalance in the first may result!

Gator 45/70, Meat and Bandit99 like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Have you tried making coffee grinds into a dip? Something you can put in-between the cheek and gum?

Meat likes this.
  18. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Dutch Bros over Star Ho's any day of the week.

Two Dutch Bros in my town. For one they had to re-route traffic to keep the cars waiting for the drive through from backing up to the train tracks. The other one is renting a large portion of the strip mall it's part of for waiting cars as well. It's amazing what better tasting coffee, great service and a lack of snotty baristas will do for business.

Meat, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

My Wife discovered them WAY back in 2010, and we have been YUGE fans since. Normally, I don't go for the sweet's but their gourmet flavors are super good with out being over the top candy like sweet, Carmalizer blended for me gets the job done when the suns out, or a regular hot cuppa on those early cold mornings in the hanger or under a hood! In Salem there are like 6 or 7 stores, and even found two in down town Phoenix, so it's good to see they are expanding, now to get one up on the mountain here in Co, that would be beyond awesome!

Gator 45/70, 3M-TA3 and Meat like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7