BAN THE 30-30

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by john316, Jul 2, 2018.

1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

Dont likes this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Intresting! I get it, but don't think I wanna play! Besides not giving the antis any more then they can come up with on their own, I just don't see it happening, especially now that OryGunions shot down the worst anti gun legislation ever proposed to the voters! They are not done yet, but we will be ready for them when they come!

Tully Mars likes this.
  3. Dunmaghlas

Dunmaghlas Monkey

interesting that they arent trying the .50bmg. it'll fail anyway

4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

On a side note when drinking and a group of deer walk into the clearing down from the porch and your friend ask if you mind him filling his permit with one.............. Check to make sure the rifle he pulls of the rack is not the Parker-Hale .50 Cal............ It turns the deer into a pink spray and sends your friend sitting in a chair with casters through your sliding glass door and dumps him in the fire place :)

techsar, Tully Mars, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

my parker hale 1400's are of lower calibers...

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  6. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

We need this on video,,,,,,:D

7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

LOL that was back in '89 or '90 wish my friend was still alive and that I still had that hunk of junk gun. Want to say it was a reworked and modified P-H super safari that looked cool hanging on the wall but I never trusted enough to fire. The time Leonard fired was the one and only time that it was fired while I owned it. I do clearly remember trading it for 8 Russian SKS's during the Clintonista Assault weapon ban. Still have two of those old Russian Rifles. As far as video goes, I had a VHS camcorder back then that was big and bulky an I think I used two times before deciding it was more hassle than it was worth. Now days if we could repeat that I would have set at least a dozen camera's up to catch every angle of the look on Leo's face as that chair went flying backward. The really amazing thing that day was really REALLY drunk and managed find the right ammo for the rifle, even more amazing that he was able to get the round chambered.......... And a minor miracle that he hit the deer dead center. I imagine relocating his shoulder would have hurt a lot more though if he had been any where near sober :)

Tempstar likes this.
  8. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I grew up with a friend who was scared to death of every gun he got. For some reason, his folks bought him any gun he wanted.
    he kept on talking about getting a .416 Rigby? As a high school graduation present. heck, He wouldn't even shoot his 12 gauge shotgun or his .357 magnum pistol. he would hand them to me and have me shoot them while he watched. I told him many times to shoot his guns but he was scared of them. (the recoil) I lost track of this guy when I joined the military, I doubt he ever got this large rifle, Or would fire it.

oldman11 likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Ha, recoil! I have a .50 Black Powder muzzle loader that will dislocate you to the next county with it's recoil, man that sucker hits HARD, but puts a great big grin on my face every time! My. 500 Jefferies is tame compared to that, hell, my .50 BMG is the only thing that I can find that will hit ya harder, and only with out the muzzle brake! Even the .375 Weatherby and the. 338 L.M hit hard, but not as hard as that front stuffer! Loves a 460 grain pill over 150 grains of 3Fg, accurate beyond my abilities with it's iron sights, certainly good enough to put food in the freezer, and drives fellow hunters nuts when I touch it off, it's all about the smoke and fire!

oldman11 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Try some dragon's breath 12 gauge shells for fire and smoke :) About all they are good for but really fun.
    7e7716147223f083b18219f2cd2015e5.

Ura-Ki, ghrit and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7