Banana Peels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr Charbonneau, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/hatari-will-and-penny-monkeyson-pockets.35043/

Pyrrhus,

When did I belittle you? When did I belittle anyone who wasn't leveling their shots at me first?

That thread up there is an example of a basically happy minded thread that might have even brought some John Wayne nostalgia. I didn't make Mother Nature get so upset. I'm just trying to do something to accommodate her tantrum.

2. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

I've been re-reading the beginning posts. You started with what sounded like a pitch for money and came across pretty aggressively when questioned. I didn't say you belittled me, but when someone questions you and you respond by going code red on them, you're going to turn off a lot of people. My suggestion is that you answer the criticisms instead of embarking on ad hominem attacks (which is what you did with ghrit). The thing about the interwebz is that you really don't know the background of the people with whom you communicate, so to question someone's degree is not fruitful.

You've been all over the board on this thread. How about starting anew and giving a rational explanation of your idea without trying to coax anyone out of money? I'll read it, and if it is convincing, give you your due. But I'm not going to be convinced by an argument that sounds like a version of, "I'm smart, you're too dumb to understand this, give me money and I'll save your life". I'm a little independent for that.

I don't believe in "Mother Nature". I would suggest that is an anti-Christian concept.

ghrit and Sapper John like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Sigh...A Quock' soi lai' is amongst us...again,I await the weapon of Thor....

Sapper John likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

How about a translation for those of us that don't read Vietnamese (or whatever it is)?

RightHand likes this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Tis a bird,That stand's in the rain facing the sky with his mouth open ...Until he drown's...
    Or he's looking for Thor to save us...pleeze !!!!!

RightHand likes this.
  6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[applaud]

7. ghrit

Ah. A turkey. Why didn't you say so? (A little early for Thanksgiving roast.)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Why yes,That's it !!!
    Is Chello back on board ?

9. I think today's "Christians" are an anti-christian practice. Still, what I think doesn't matter, only what that Christ thinks and what actually happens does. If you were one of those mocked me with the "Tacticool" wheelbarrow, which I actually gave you an idea for, then how do you claim right to call Mother Nature "anti-christian?" I'll agree she might have an anti-Christian attitude...

[sniper66]

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/hatari-will-and-penny-monkeyson-pockets.35043/
    Miss this?

10. ghrit

Chelly dropped in a week or so ago and dropped a post on wool blankets. He was here very early this morning but didn't say anything.

11. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Actually answering a question is difficult for you, isn't it? All right, I've tried. I've tried really hard to aid in your rehabilitation, but you don't want to get better. Forget I said anything. Carry on.

And for my final advice, thicken your skin. Most of us don't suffer whiners lightly. I'm out.

12. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Only 9 more down votes needed.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

In !!!

Pyrrhus likes this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This what we call "The Banana Peel, Slippery Slope"..... Once you start the slide, it is extremely difficult to not slide in to oblivion.... Note the "Down Votes" in the upper right hand corner, of the top, of the thread. If it goes to Double digits, the Badmin, shows up, and squashes the thread. You can see, if you look, that No Thread, has been squashed, since we went to the New forum software..... YET....

15. ghrit

RightHand took this thread out of the Welcome thread and put it in it's own thread. Apt name, no? :sneaky:o_O

16. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Actually, idiot is a technical term for someone with an IQ of 20 or below. The chances of anyone on this board being at that level and being capable of stringing any number of characters together coherently is slim at best.

Dr. you have in fact come into someone else's, camp if nothing else and when we didn't agree with you or feel the need to donate or raise you to the front of the class you turned to derision and "pooping in our yard". We aren't forcing you to stay here and be bullied. We aren't chaining you here to take the "abuse". This is a public forum and if you don't like the way you are being treated then you are welcome to leave.

You are also more than welcome to tone down YOUR rhetoric, take a deep breath and try to start over by taking a different tack. Your way is not the only way. It just isn't. If you can't or won't see that then I think you will find that you will be happier elsewhere.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Well.. I don't believe you are doing much but pooping. Your accusations are false.

18. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

The "tacticool" wheelbarrow was not and is not your idea...we must give credit where credit is due,This was Gunkids idea and a stupid one at that![slow]

Witch Doctor 01 and Pyrrhus like this.
  19. I never said "it" was my idea. I said I gave "an" idea for one. The idea I mentioned was not stupid. Yes. The original I Bing'd up was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7