Bank of America fires McMillan - From M14 Forum

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Apr 20, 2012.

1. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Bank of America doesn't care if they lose "2nd Ammendment" money. These guys make all of ther money by charging fee's. $5 a month to have a printed statement, $5 more if you want to use your debit card, $5 again if you want to have ATM banking available.

On top of this they are notorious for targeting the poor and minorities for business...

...why you may ask?

Because these two groups are most likely to:

1. overdraw on their accounts or have minimum balances that are too low and will also incure a fee.
    2. Have poor credit. Yep that means they can loan money at a higher rate.
    3. Be undereducated. Thats right they will just accept these charges and not know any better. That is, they will be less likely to leave because they feel they are being treated unfairly.
    I HATE B of A

and and PS:

Bank of American also owns:

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I doubt any amongst the big names.
    Probably be easier to stick to small town farmers banks or credit unions where you can actually meet the people in charge.

Cephus and oldawg like this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

For "Me" I have Wells Fargo Bank NA for my Primary Banking. Yea, I know they suck, but when they bought out National Bank of Alaska a few years back, my accounts got transferred. Then I keep a Credit Union as a Secondary Banking Institution. (Boeing Employees Credit Union) I have two Lines of Credit with Capital One that Bruce's Trading Post setup 40 years ago, with a local Washington Bank that was bought out, by CapitalOne, decades ago. I also have a Line of Credit for the Trading Post, with BofA, that was originally with MBNA, which BofA bought a few years back. This is the LOC I use for ALL of my PayPal.com purchases, and is ALWAYS paid off, inside the Grace Period each month, so it costs "Me" nothing. I have noticed in the last few Months, that BofA's Internet presence, has some serious Bandwidth and ACCESS Limits. I have NO DEBT, and have not had for the last two Decades. My Social Security Income, on top of the small wages, I earn here, are always running a Positive Cash Flow. I don't worry about what the Banksters are up to much, as they have little sway on my finances. Being DEBT free, is one of the BEST Feelings that I have enjoyed. .... YMMV.....

Cephus likes this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Damn Bruce, you sure are long winded for just saying, that you are still sleeping with the enemy. We forgive you. [beer]

5. Did ya'll notice these two things I have seen the last couple days:

1. BOA stock made a huge plunge the other day.

2. I have seen BOA adds touting up how great and customer friendly and such they are And I cannot recall having seen anything like that in recent memory.

Sounds like they are loosing investors and customers.

I pretty much despise the rothschilde banks, the morgan banks and the rockerfeller banks. that would be boa; chase; and citi respectively.

Can anyone holler tri lateral commission or bohemian grove. Aye I thought ya'll could.

6. BTPost

All those words, are a BluePrint on, Getting, and Staying, DEBT Free.... This is where much of the Personal Issues folks have, originate.... .... If I can do It, Any Knucklehead can do it, as well..... All it takes is time, and Positive CashFlow. YMMV....

Cephus and tacmotusn like this.
  7. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I have to wonder if this violates some federal statue banks are heavily regulated.

E.L. likes this.
  8. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I hear you brother. I am getting there. Mortgage paid off in 3 payments, and it's down hill and picking up speed from there.

9. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Sounds like you need some Ludwig Von Mises

Minuteman likes this.
  10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Allthough my accounts with Bank of America should be closed with the actions I took a little over a week ago, today I will be paying one of three final payments against my mortgage at that institution. I have a copy of the McMillan letter along with my personal intro which I will share below that I will present to my local BofA branch manager. Since I doubt they have the stones to forward to corporate my letter, I will show them what I am sending to Charles O. Holliday, Jr. - Chairman of the Board - B of A, Directors. - 214 N. Tryon St. - Charlotte, NC. 28255, along with my cut up Debit, and Credit Cards.
    To whom it may concern,

Due to actions at Bank of America at a corporate level, I am forced to vote with my feet and walk away from what has been a very satisfying association with a local branch of that same bank. The blame for this action on my part can be laid directly at the feet of Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking, Bank of America. Mr. Fox drew a line in the sand for his anti gun political beliefs, as his his right to do so. However, each and every decision or action we make may have both reactions and unintended consequences. I am a Life Member of the NRA, a political activist with the Tea Party, and a strict Constitutionalist.No way what so ever could I or will I ignore Mr. Fox's actions. With deep regret and apology to my local branch of Bank of America I am withdrawing and closing all my accounts with them asap. Sincerely, Roger xxxxx - xxxxxxxxx -

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

you may wish to rethink your letter for OPSEC reasons... just stop doing businews with them... or simply include the text of his message with out info about you...

12. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

B of A may kiss my hairy behind. They have more to fear of me than I of them. Let them do their worst. If there be a single footprint leading back to them ....... well that would not be good......
    done deal anyway. gue sera sera.

13. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

B of A ..... song and dance, smoke and mirrors

Well, I presented my letter to my local branch of B of A this morning. The local bank manager came out to talk to me. The bill of goods they tried to give me was almost verbatum the tweet they posted on their Facebook page. Additionally it seems to me that since McMillan was quite forthcoming with his take on the matter, and that he had ceased to be a B of A customer, that B of A was free to respond directly, and not waffle so much. Read their response and see how it makes you feel. To me it felt like watching Nixon give the double peace or V for victory symbol and claim "I am not a crook", or Clinton saying, "I did not have sex with that woman". ............. In other words, it sounded like BS to me.
    On April 22, 2012, Bank of America posted the following on their Facebook page in response to the claim.
    We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.
    We are also extremely proud of our support of the US military and reject any assertion to the contrary. We count as clients many companies that provide for our nation’s defense. We employ thousands of veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists, and plan to increase our hiring this year.

Silversnake likes this.
  14. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Scoundrels, liars and miscreants

These are the same people that were giving out housing loans to anything that breathed, and some that didn't. If they were from south of the border, they were given extra special attention. Americans should have walked away from these scoundrels long ago. It is a shame to see how far BOA has fallen from its early days in the once great state of California. And before you flame me for the illegal immigrant statement, the ex-wife #2 worked as a loan originator and told me lots of little trade secrets. Bank local. As a sleazy politician once said "All politics are local".

Gafarmboy
    If you can not protect what you own, you won't own it long.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If it's a rumor, then BoA will have its hands full trying to defend itself. If true, then the facebook page is a blatant lie. But that is the only denial out there, so far.

16. BTPost

I do not know if anyone else has noticed, but BoA has had serious Issues with it's OnLine Presence.... I have been trying to pay off a $100US charge on my BoA Line of credit for two weeks, and their Website hasn't been answering, except very late in the Evening or early in the Morning. It shows a serious LACK of Bandwidth. with Ping Times in the 2000ms or more. This is from a National Bank that is a MAJOR Player in the US Economy. They can't even TAKE My MONEY, when I want to give it to them.... ...... YMMV.....

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

18. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

20. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

bank of america | mcmillan | antigun organizations | The Daily Caller

From the link you posted above, in the statement by BoA -they clearly (like so many others) do not understand. It's the little things like this that really get my feathers ruffled. I can't believe more people don't yell and get upset every time this occurs. What am I talking about exactly? The words "provided for" -our Constitution is a document of limitations on our government. The first ten amendments (Bill of Rights) came after, as an attempt to clearly illustrate some of the basic rights of the People, not to assign us rights. Government cannot assign rights, it can only grant privilege to those who already have no rights, and only within the confines of jurisprudence. As such, and equally important, the Constitution is NOT, and never has been a delegation of authority TO the People -its purpose is to keep government within the boundaries WE have set. The rights of the people are inalienable, and any claim to the contrary is both dubious as well as unfounded. Our founders didn't ask for permission from King George to set up our republic; likewise, We the People do not ask permission from paper, priest, president or pope to live freely and secure the blessings of liberty. In the same manner the colonies took their independence by force from the British, we also must remind our servants that our calling is liberty and prosperity if ever there comes a time at which our petitions for grievance rests ignored and despotism threatens our nation.

Therefore, the very important piece of verbiage they should have used was "enshrined" instead of "provided for". Understanding the difference is the same to me as it was to Thomas Paine when he regarded England: "...but there is something very absurd, in supposing a continent to be perpetually governed by an island. In no instance hath nature made the satellite larger than its primary planet..." --which means, the whole of the people is larger and stronger than the government which was created. No island should rule a continent, and no government should ever rule its people in the republic of these United States.

Sapper John, BTPost, ghrit and 2 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7