Banning of non-prescription remedies...?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonfly, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

This is in Canada, but we Yankees can certainly expect the same nonsense to be pushed here 'south of the border' too. I have been using a variety of 'natural health' products in the last year, with noticible improvement of overall health. I would sure hate to have that made unavailable, or to have costs skyrocket do to mindless regulation.

3. USMCwife

USMCwife Monkey++

Since they can't patent it, they have to outlaw it. No competition, more profits for big pharma.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Next they'll be "in my garden" looking at the plants!
    I wonder if anyone out there could pack-up and send me some poison Ivy, or poison Oak?
    That would work!
    See? I'm being PC!
    Going green dontcha ya know!
    Now where can I find some alligators.......?

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL, sure got lots of poison ivy and oak, plus all the alligators you could ever want. How about sand spurs, sand gnats, ticks, chiggers, rattlesnakes, coral snakes, water mocasins, and mosquitos? Am perfectly willing to ship tons of them also!

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

The snakes I'm fine with, the rest of them critters, ship them to D.C.!
    (They already have all the snakes they need!)
    Plus the leeches, ticks, etc!

7. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I can't ship you gators - that Aridzona dry heat would murder them. :D

I have a nice decorative shrub that a buddy kept insisting was a form of pepper. Lucky we never did the 'taste test'......
    I finally had a professional plant expert ID it - turns out it's mildly toxic!
    I'm going to take cuttings this spring and plant them in the front yard.

8. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Stock up on Colloidal silver and bulk herbs now. Stinking McCain!

9. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

The above reference to McCain refers to his sponsorship of the Dietary Supplement Safety Act of 2010, which would pave the way to ban natural supplements and remedies here in the U.S.

Here's a link to an article about that bill: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/124647 and there's another good link at the bottom of that.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7