1. We've made all our Resources available to guests - would you consider a donation to support us?
    Please don't hotlink directly to these files, share the url from this page's address bar.

Weaponry and Tactics Barbed/Razor Wire Obstacles 2015-12-17

The history and application of barded wire/razor wire obstaqcles

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

The pads (Nopales) and fruit of the prickly pear cactus are also edible. Nopales apparently are an acquired taste, but undoubtedly more easily acquired if one's life and survival depend upon it. ;)

How to Eat Prickly Pear Cactus

[​IMG]

Tully Mars likes this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I honestly was looking on ebay this weekend at razor wire. It was a spin off of another search, but I was surprised at the going price. Not dirt cheap, but not expensive (IMO) either.

I suppose there is a time when it won't matter, but I would think that any baddies spotting the razor wire would think that :
    A) there was something ahead worth attempting to overtake
    B) might realize the funnel for what it was
    C) Retreat owners should take the above into consideration when planning their layouts and how best to use said entanglements.

Just some random thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    chelloveck, Dont and kellory like this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I know this thread is about wire and there are some great plants to imbed it in. Hedges like rosemary, elderberries, or willow hedges (depending on your area) are great to disquise if you are going this route and the wire can be inspected periodically under the guise of harvesting the fruit or willow bark. I always like to think double duty where security and plants are concerned.

These are a great fence for desert Ocatillo's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tully Mars

@Ganado that is an excellent idea. I was wondering what to do about a certain property line and I think you just answered it. Thanks Gurlfriend!:)

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  5. Tully Mars

I had toyed with the idea of bamboo in a certain area, the stuff grows like the devil's own down here,but I was concerned it could get out of control pretty quick. I don't want the area to looked groomed..

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

with Bamboo folks will head there to make fishing poles, kids to make swords/spears/whatever... it might attract more than it deters

7. Tully Mars

That is very true, however this property line is well away from sight for "normal folks". Not to say it couldn't/wouldn't be discovered, but it would have to be done overland and PSHTF that's the kind of travel I want to discourage and or control.

1. Dunerunner
  2. laraming
  3. oldman11
  4. Ganado
  5. Big Ron
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Shinzo
  11. DKR