Basic thoughts on equipment

Discussion in 'Back to Basics' started by ghrit, Apr 28, 2007.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

I'm sure I can scare up some a few dollars for good info. I'm there as well.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. Mortis

Mortis Snake Eater

3. andy

andy Monkey+++

don't worry i was sort'a kidding, my wife is a corpsman(i'm a Master-at-Arms,USN) love her to death but i sure got some funny stories about the lack of training...:sneaky: we have a handful of FMF in our detachment and there top flight! but i think you right you only as strong as your weakest team member... i liked your post

and in your defense some of us are that bad

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  4. Mortis

Mortis Snake Eater

Master-At-Arms...AKA Captain Kangaroo!![touchdown] [LMAO]

Could hear ya coming 2 bulkheads away from all the damn keys rattling.

Well.... at least ya not a Deck Ape.

Semper Fi Mac....

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One thing to be said for MAAs. They did stay out of the engineering spaces. (BTW: When I was in, all MAAs were deck ratings. Didn't have an MAA sleeve badge. Gawd, what's the Navy comig too, making POs out of janitors!! Yeeesh.)
    Ex MM1(SS) 3355/3356 and others unmentionable.

6. andy

andy Monkey+++

[LMAO] ...i started in deck, USS Ramage DDG61

it's all good...[winkthumb]

GO NAVY!!!

7. andy

andy Monkey+++

i love it. law enforcement, anti-terrorism, force protection. we are one of the oldest jobs in the navy, historically speaking. but after 9/11 the navy(like the rest of the US) got caught with its pants down. the leadership looked around and screamed for security and the only rate they had that could stand armed watches was the MA force. ...6 years later Big navy looked around and goes "oops we needed more security not more LEO's" so now the gates are slowly being taken over by rent'a cops(no offence) and the MA's are getting forced out of the LEO side and into the... and i $h!T you not, naval infantry [notfunny]... IMHO it's a scary or exciting time to be in the navy, it just depends on your point of view. i'll stop now or i'll just keep on ranting

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

9. andy

andy Monkey+++

i think so...

10. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  11. duanet

duanet Monkey+++

Survivalblog.com had an article today on "A matter of will or a matter of Inventory? I know of too many survivalists with $ thousands of dollars worth of guns that haven't been shot in years and were never sighted in and who don't come to the range in years. On the other hand I know people who get to the range at leas once a week and shoot a couple hundred rounds of 22 rifle. Several like to set up those little spinning targets at different ranges and different angles on the rangae and one calls and the other shoots. No excuse, if you hit it it goes clang and spins. They also shoot old 03's 30-06 and reload. 20-40 rounds a week on paper. Not much doubt as to who I would rather have next to me if the SHTF. In the blog he also states that "In a crisis you will not rise to your expectations, but fall to your level of training." The military and most leo beleive that and train with the equipment that they have. As a mechanic, I will never tangle with a marine or a beat cop. I may think about survival and equip for it, but they train for it and live it, They will win hands down every time. The imprtant thing is to be prepared to survive and train to do so and not end up just having a convinent resupply point for the first bunch of really bad guys that come down the pike on the day after. Half fast has a lot of thoughtful ideas in Lights Out, and a couple of short stories he wrote. Its 10 % prepartion and 90 % luck and training.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7