batman shooting victims to sue theater

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CATO, Sep 9, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Quite ridiculous.

If some drunk driver runs over a bunch of people in a Wal-mart parking lot, do you sue Wal-mart? If some gunman shoots people through a window at Starbucks, while shooting at someone else, do you sue Starbucks for not having bullet-proof windows?

These idiots must want security on the level of federal courthouses for theaters in the future. Insert quote about those that want security over liberty deserve neither here.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/07/possible-lawsuit-over-aurora-movie-shootings-targets-owner/

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Pretty simple, Don't make it a PFZ (pistol free zone) and if someone wants to OC (Open Carry) let them.

The reason things like this happen is because the perpetrator has probably 10 minutes to carry out what ever carnage they evil minds can devise before they are confronted.

If there is a potential for one or more 'Victims' to be armed, they will go somewhere else. Like a PFZ.

I'd rather go to an even where OC was on display or where a sign said CC welcomed here. I feel much safer.

Just my opinion.

As for suing, victims always go after the deep pockets. Can't get blood from a rock. Corporations have insurance for that. Individuals, not nearly as much.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Monkey++

The theater specifically said that patrons were not allowed to protect themselves, as I see it that makes them responsible for protecting the patrons.

Don't want sued ? Then don't make it a self defense free zone.

If you slip and fall in a grocery store you can sue them for negligence, is forbidding people to defend themselves and then not providing adequate security any less negligent ?

STANGF150 likes this.
  4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

I think you would have to prove that they would have carried if it were not a GFZ.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7