Battlefield USA?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

McCain's message was he'd reach across the aisle; not quite something which energizes the Base.

Seawolf1090, Falcon15 and Kingfish like this.
  2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

Everyday I wake up life is starting to look more and more like a movie on the SCI-FI channel. Corrupt goverment, take over of civilian free rights those that don't comply will be lock away (to under go reprograming). The world at war, The human race fighting off alien virus after virus, super storms, cameras to monitor the population on every corner and in every alley, people losing their minds starting to act and look like zombie's under the goverment control and the last of the free men and their families are held up in small groups across the country. Fighting to survive the apocalypse to rebuild and start over hoping to avoid the same mistakes. Damn I think that could make a reality show called life Im going to call the Fox network.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ok, they didn't vote on it today. Didn't have a quorum this evening but it's the first thing on the agenda for discussion tomorrow.

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I just read about this on Facebook. Can't say I'm really surprised. Saddened by what's coming and all those who will be hurt, but not surprised. As for McCain slipping in the shower and hitting something, hitting his head won't do any good. Has to be something he USES.

And I've said for a couple years at least now, that I'd like to have political parties go bye-bye, so the focus will be where it needs to, on the ISSUES, not on party lines...don't think it will ever happen, but oh well...

5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Ban the Parties, AND the Special Interests & Lobbiests.

McCain is always too ready to 'compromise' our rights away to the Libtarded Left. He's a RINO, and always has been.

6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Yep. I specifically said something vital. I know it is not his spine, he lacks one. I know it is not his head, it is full of rocks. Maybe his wallet.

7. Still has to pass the House, which is highly unlikely. If it does, I'd personally consider every damn one of them a traitor. The mere thought that something like this could even be introduced shakes me to the core. Our Republic is truly becoming lost. If economic problems don't bring this country down, I see a revolution in the near future as more freedoms are legislated away and Patriots rise up to stop it, if there are enough left that still care.

8. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

Okay....this bill is so unconstitutional that there is no way in hell of it passing judicial review. how is it then that these bill can be passed? Personally i think that whoever passes this bill, along with those who introduced this garbage are commiting treason.
    The bill is unconstitutional, it was passes in secret, without discussion. I honestly believe that whoever signs thier name to it should be arrested and tried for treason.....senator, congessman or not.....

9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I actually saw an interview with a congressman being asked "how could you vote for that bill (no, not the one you are talking about above, but another bill), when it obviously is not constitutional?" His answer was, "that's not my concern or problem, it's for the Supreme Court to decide that."
    So, my point is, these 535 assholes, for the most part, just don't care. [stirpot]

dragonfly likes this.
  10. beast

beast backwoodsman

so why dont we start and circulate a pettition to have those people arrested and charged and that bill removed?

11. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

By the definition of the word I don't believe there to be a single elected or appointed US govt. official NOT guilty of treason.

dragonfly, Alpha Dog, VHestin and 2 others like this.
  12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

NOBODY gets to that level of power without being OWNED by Big Business interests and the Banksters. They are crooks by definition, just by being politicians.

Alpha Dog and beast like this.
  13. VisuTrac

The Udall amendment was rejected a couple of hours ago. It would have changed the language to include 'Captured abroad'

and added a lot more safeguards, oversight and transparency.

This is a must pass bill as it funds the military soooo
    Welcome to Battlefield Amerika and the death of the constitution.

I'm going to see if they've voted on the bill and will report back.

14. VisuTrac

S. 1867 (NDAA) and Udall S. Amendment 1107

I had contacted both of my senators voicing my concern with the S.1867 and it's detainee classification and indefinite detention sections 1031 and 1032

I'd asked them to support Senator Udalls' Amendment:
    That would make clarify the issue of detainees.
    Make the bill clearly transparent and provide safeguards against abuse by the executive branch.

I didn't think I would be able to dissuade one of my senators due to him being an author of this abomination. My other senator gave me the following response.

Dear <mynamehere>,

Thank you for contacting me about your opposition to indefinite detention. I appreciate that you have taken the time to communicate your views and concerns with me.

It is very important that all detainees are afforded the rights mandated by the Geneva Convention. The United States has always been a beacon of hope for the world, and we must not let our efforts to fight terrorism undermine that great legacy. Our values are strong enough for us to defeat terrorists without resorting to inhumane acts. In the war on terrorism, it is vital to ensure that we do not sacrifice the very liberties we are fighting to protect. I will continue to monitor the situation and should related legislation come before me for a vote, I will be sure to keep your strong views in mind.

Thank you again for sharing your views with me on this important matter. Please contact me again whenever I can be of assistance to you and your family.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow

United States Senator

And she voted nay on the amendment.

Well, this is just beyond disappointing. I'm responding to her vote currently and will post it here within the hour.

It's a sad day watching the constitution dying.

dragonfly likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

After todays defeat of the Udall amendment.

The Honorable Debbie Stabenow

Dear Senator Stabenow,

I had contacted you late last week expressing my concerns with sections 1031 and 1032 of S.1867. I feel that these sections begin to usurp the rights of the Citizens of the United States by potentially denying them due process of law.

I had requested that you support S. Amendment 1107 authored by Senator Udall. The Udall Amendment would have clarified the language of the act, provided safeguards, made the actions that could be taken under this act would be more transparent and require agreement by more than a single agency. I now understand that our viewpoints differ on these sections of the act. I would like to expand if I may on ramifications of these sections.

I fear that the inclusion of these sections of the act as currently written, begin the irreversible process of dismantling the Constitution of the United States. These sections have the potential to cause the indefinite detention of a Citizen without charge, accusation nor trial. Based solely on suspicion of being a terrorist, a Citizen can be sent to a foreign country where our constitutional rights mean nothing.

In recent months, the FBI and the BJA put out a flyer "Communities Against Terrorism" in that they stated to be on alert for those individuals paying with cash (because they didn't want to take on additional debt) . Those that have missing finger or smell funny (because they work in a manufacturing plant that uses lubricating fluids and high speed cutting machines). And those that purchase Meals Ready to Eat (because they are going to deer camp for the next two weeks and there are no deer worth eating in Bovine TB laced DMU 452).

The definition of a terrorist can anything that an 'official' declares it to be. So in time that could make all of your constituents terrorists based on some 'officials' definition.

It scares me more that our elected officials would give away our God given rights under the guise of security for all. I urge you to vote no on S.1867 (NDAA) now that the Udall amendment has been defeated.

I thank you for your time and attention in this matter.

Respectfully,

MyNameHere

dragonfly likes this.
  16. VisuTrac

Practical, I've got some really bad news for you. It's companion bill HR 1540 passed the house on May 26th by a 3 to 1 margin.

Once this bill passes the senate (which it will). It's off to Conference Committee to hammer our the final details and then on to Obummers desk.

And at that point he will sign it granting him dictatorial power or by the grace of God veto it saving all of the citizens.

What is your guess?

dragonfly and Falcon15 like this.
  17. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

well i guess we dont have to worry about obummer declairing martial law. all he has to do is say there are terrorists in the country which is now a battlefield, and any dissidents can be rounded up and incarcerated. including any congress critter that opposes him.

what makes me sick is that most of those in congrees and the senate have backgroung in law. most were or are lawyers, so they should know what is unconstitutional and what isnt, instead of passing the buck off to the supreme court.

what do you want to bet that this will pass and get signed into law and none of the MSM will say a damn thing?

18. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I looked at the Vote count on the bill and every Republican but Rand Paul and one other voted no on the Udall Amendment. You have communists on the left and Fascists on the right. You are correct , we are seeing the end of the Constitution. However Stabinow did not vote. Here is the tally

http://www.dailypaul.com/189641/vot...owers-against-americans-fails-udall-amendment

Her name is not mentioned. And hey, we have the same senator. That means we are neighbors ha ha ha . Kingfish

Kingfish

19. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well my mother's been saying for years we're more Communist now than Russia ever was...her opinion on this bill is that the Feds are doing it cause they're scared. And one thing I know from living 'out in the sticks' for so long, when a (wild) animal is threatened/scared, they're the most dangerous...

dragonfly, Alpha Dog and Cephus like this.
  20. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7