Battlefield USA?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Wonder where the Goobermint will house their "Star Chamber"? Soon we'll have The Inquisition all over again - history always repeats itself, since we never seem to learn from it.

dragonfly likes this.
  2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Who is to say that there was not a "Star Chamber" already, and now they are just coming out in the open?

3. VT:

I just finished reading the entirety of HR1540. Unless I missed it, it makes no mention of the current subject. I really don't think it will pass the House, if it does though, all bets are off. You know the Kenyan will sign it, more power for the Gov't.

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

The day's of Mr Shiney Boots marching the streets in hords enforcing the will of Big Brother is coming. I am in fear we will not be able to stop it we are almost at the point now the only rights we have is what they say we have and all the sheeple are just letting them over run us as they fall into line with no dispute. The Goverment sends troops across the world to fight other Goverments to provid the people of that country with the same rights that Big Brother is taking from us or has taken away from us.

5. Falcon15

First read the Bill headers:
    HR1540, among other things authorizes tax monies to be spent on programs as outlined. These programs overlap with and are specified and further defined in: H.RES.269, H.RES.276, H.R.1942, H.R.1999, H.R.2570, S.981, S.1044, S.1062, S.1867

Things of note from HR1540
    Things that make you go hmm.

At least they got this right:

The programs outlined in S1867 have been approved in CONgress for funding. That should worry us, because the amendment to S1867 did not pass. That means if S1867 passes it is fully approved for funding and can start immediately.

VisuTrac likes this.
  6. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

ive spent 14 years serving this country, bringing peace and democracy to people around the world (whether they wanted it or not) just to see my country slide and turn into something that we were supposed to be fighting.
    when do you know when its time to fight? do you wait until your loved ones are hauled away, never to be heard from again, or do you slay the hydra before it hatches?

i hate early mornings. sorry for the rant...

dragonfly, beast and Alpha Dog like this.
  7. beast

beast backwoodsman

the old sayings usualy say it best
    "a stitch in time, saves 9'
    "nip it in the bud"
    "strike while the irons hot"

honestly tho, i think we're past that point

weegrannymush and dragonfly like this.
  8. limpingbear

Tthis just keeps bouncing around in my head, mabey its because im in a gloomy mood but i cant help but think that the terrorists have won. I know i will probably be flamed for that but her is my thinking:
    Why are we hated so? Because we have the freedoms other countries lack.
    how do the bad guys win? they keep picking away and eventualy our own government takes away our freedoms for "our own saftey"
    we get violated at the airports, TSA is now doing checkpoints on Tenessee highways
    And now the government is in the proccess of giving itself the power to make people disapear, "for national security" all at the whim of some suit with an axe to grind.

the fingers are getting closer to the tank handle.....i kinda wish they would hurry up and flush.....

dragonfly and beast like this.
  9. VT,

After sifting through the various attachments, I see the connection. How in the hell can anything be so complicated.

I also urge you all to contact your House rep and tell them to vote no on this when it makes it's way over. I sent an email to mine.

10. Falcon15

They complicate it to keep people baffled. Seriously. Welcome to politics.
    HAHAHAHA OK done, and I got a nice letter saying they appreciated and liked hearing from their constituent. My money is on full passage (as in up America's BACK passage). There comes a time when a voter has to tell their duly elected employees to go pound sand in a hole.

Are we there yet?

dragonfly likes this.
  11. Avarice

Avarice California Health Junkie

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Kingfish,
    Take a look at the entire Official Roll call at the senate:
    U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

You will see 'Stab it now' vote of Nay on the Udall amendment. The DailyPaul site ended at the "M"s

13. VisuTrac

Practical,

this is a companion bill. Not an identical bills. Both are National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012.

These companion bills are then melded together in Conference as they agree upon and then moved to Obummer for signature.

Heaven help us all if this makes it under the pen.

14. VisuTrac

There were a few more good amendments proposed today but these will be voted down too. My friends, I have been watching these idiots for awhile now and this act, as it stands, scares the hell out of me.

I've made calls, sent emails, even sent snail mail. Alas, I believe it is all for naught. Filling out passports this weekend. As the vote comes down probably on Thursday.

dragonfly likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

I'm interested in researching the Feinstein Amendment that I briefly caught the tail end of this afternoon. It may hold some hope but I need to read it in it's entirety.

Will report back once i find it.

16. VisuTrac

Feinstein Amendments 1125&1126

Eventhough shes a Democrat, Her amendments 1125 and 1126 help.

But I'd rather sections 1031 and 1032 be removed.

SA 1125. Mrs. FEINSTEIN (for herself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Durbin, and Mr. Udall of Colorado) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by her to the bill S. 1867, to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes; as follows:

On page 361, line 9, insert ``abroad'' after ``is captured''.

SA 1126. Mrs. FEINSTEIN (for herself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Durbin, and Mr. Udall of Colorado) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by her to the bill S. 1867, to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes; as follows:

On page 360, between lines 21 and 22, insert the following:

(e) Applicability to Citizens.--The authority described in this section for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain a person does not include the authority to detain a citizen of the United States without trial until the end of the hostilities.

dragonfly likes this.
  17. VisuTrac

How does the constitution stand.

93-7 final vote on s1867 [own2]

the only thing that can save the veiled attack on the constitution is ....[nutkick]

BHO.

I'm going off somewhere to cry and use my tears as a whetting agent for bayonet I'll be attaching to my rifle.

dragonfly, tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  18. beast

beast backwoodsman

2012 we need a serious house cleaning
    both houses emptied of all incumbants
    and every democrat and republican
    the way things look right now id say the communist party would be more honest with us

dragonfly likes this.
  19. limpingbear

What i just cannot fathom, is that Mccain is a veteran. He was a scooter pilot in vietnam and was aboard the forrestal when it burned. He took the oath but now ignores it. F***ing hipocrit.

dragonfly likes this.
  20. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I just had a thought that maybe this is to ensure that all those who actually believe in the Constitution can be made unavailable to vote come next fall...

beast likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7