Battlefield USA?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by VisuTrac, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

One bullet at a time IMO.

2. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

You know we have all seen this coming and have tried our best to stop it and save our way of life. Now it's here and I see no way to stop it talking has failed the sheeple are still blinded by Big Brothers shiny armor. I was talking to some of my friends the other day all we can do now is keep preparing and get ready for a fight. Even if we were able to get a good man in to office he is limited to what he can do. The goverment has been working on this for years and one man is not going to be able to stop it. Now we are starting to see one's we thought was for the people coming out that all along they have been supporting these actions. If they are thinking that me and mine are just going to go and follow the rest they are dead wrong and better be ready for a long fight in these hills.

Cephus, dragonfly and Dogfood like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

You will never make a stealthy approach in a vehicle. ;)

Now you know where they sit. ;)

4. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Thing is I was a good distance away from where the site is purported to be and I figured using a 4 wheel drive vehicle in a defunct rock quarry used by 4 wheel drive vehicles for recreation was a form of camouflage. Now if I'd have been on foot that would have really looked odd.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The thing to know is:
    1. Who owns the Rock Quarry, and why were these two there?
    2. When doing that kind of scouting, you should have an overwhelming Scout Force, with you... Four or more guys showing up in a Truck, would give any two Dudes pause, especially if they are NOT the owners of the Ground.
    3. You could have just drove on up, like you shoot their All the Time, and asked them "What is going on?" especially if you know, they do NOT represent the Land Owners.
    4. They could have been GunKids Friends, "If he has any" out looking for a place, to test their Tactical Wheel Borrows.

..... YMMV.....

Seawolf1090 and Cephus like this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Or post the address of the property or one really close to it and I'll see what i can dig up :)

Might know someone that has access to aerial imagery from all over the US, Canada and Australia. Never know what might be available.

7. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ya know I would hate to have to fight on the ground me and thee live upon,it would make any soldier have bad dreams !!!
    JMHO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sapper John and Alpha Dog like this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Easiest way is go to the county GIS. The tax collector always knows.. LOL

9. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

The thing about around here is for many years tax collectors and revenue men has went into these mountains with maps and never seen again. The good thing about Mountain people even if they don't like you they dont like outsiders even more. So secrets are locked in hollors forever.[lock]

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or download GoogleEarth (free) and see for yourself. Plug the address in and away you go. Neat sat shots, updated every 3 years or so.

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I saw an story about some WV Miners that took on some Mine Bosses and their Hired Thugs, back in the Day.... Many did NOT return out of those Hills after the battle.... ..... ALWAYS Fight on your own Ground....

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The County GIS is similar to Google maps with higher resolution and more recent pictures. Can't stop a satellite; doing something with said info is quite another subject.

I'm from the mountains of western Md, so I grew up with what you described. Being from there made it meaningless; however, it is real important if you ain't. ;)

Appalachia didn't respect state borders at all.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

After living in northwestern VA and prowling the back roads cross borders, I'm not so sure they don't still.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7