1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

Bear is a sharp guy...

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Hanzo, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

... and a really good guy. @Bear was kind enough to sharpen up a couple of dull old blades for me, saving me possibly hours of manual grinding on stones in hot muggy weather. I say, "YAY to good friends with power tools!" Now, they are shaving sharp as his legs can attest to. (y)

Here are a couple of bushcraft brothers... parang and bolo.

[​IMG]

Tobit, Sapper John, Motomom34 and 5 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

Are those @Bear's blades? Beautiful craftsmanship. Those are a work of art.

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Those are not @Bear blades. Part of my Southeast Asian "collection." Malaysian parang and Filipino bolo.

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

LOL! I thought you named them that, like people name their cars. Beautiful knives @Hanzo

Ganado and Hanzo like this.
  5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Only one of my knives has a name, @Motomom34... Slammi by @Bear. He made it for me, Some Lucky Ass Monkey. Slammi is sibling to Bear's Sammie.

6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

The parang and the bolo were made in Malaysia and the Philippines respectively, by indigenous folks that use these tools as part of their everyday lives. There is a concession in the parang in that it is pinned. They are traditionally not. The bolo is full tang.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7