BearTooth is now accepting PreOrders.....

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by BTPost, Mar 7, 2016.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yup, Got the same eMail this morning, in the InBox... Looking forward to playing with them next month.....

2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

It seems they are on the way.

May go one way or the other how many times have you seen..

The first units were great many want the early units.

The first units sucked but they ironed things out by version 3....

Marck likes this.
  3. hitchcock4

hitchcock4 Monkey++

Update: On Facebook there is a 2-minute video update which includes a very quick demo.
    I'm not sure that I know how to link to the video, but here is a link to the Newsfeed for their Facebook page.
    Beartooth | Facebook

stg58 likes this.
  4. stg58

Nice update the ship date continues to slip and I wonder how many firmware updates on Beartooth's are in my future but looking forward to delivery I have $119 in the pair with ordering discounts so I don't have all that much to lose.

Who will be the first Monkey to get a Beartooth?

5. BTPost

Just got my NOTICE, that BearTooth is shipping my Units on MAY 1, 2017.... Next week..... Will be doing a Report on them as soon as they get here....

Ganado, 3M-TA3 and ghrit like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Looking forward to your assessment and to the bug fixes you will no doubt identify for them on this first release.

Ganado likes this.
  7. stg58

Mine are on the way as well it seems, still no GA app yet.

//////////////////////

Beartooth App in iTunes and Google Play
    We will be migrating our Android app from private beta to public beta around May 1st. We know many of you have been excited to get your hands on the app and will be able to start downloading then. We will be migrating our iOS app from private beta to the iTunes store around May 1st as well.

Marck likes this.
  8. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

How do you release a product to what is essentially the general population and have no public way to use it? Yes, there are ways to get even private beta software on an iPhone and Android is easier, but I'm floored that after taking so long and being what, 18 months late, they ship hardware that for many will be a paperweight for at least a little while after arrival.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Marck likes this.
  9. BTPost

First off, I do NOT think that one will Need the App, to operate the BearTooth, once it is setup.... If the device will, upon startup, go directly into Pairing, then No App will be required, to use it..... It uses the BlueTooth Channel to do all the Comms to the local device, and has a complete IP Stack to do all the Data Transfer... As such, once connected the App becomes just another IP Comms App on the device.... FaceTime, iMessage, and FileSharing would also just be other Apps that can share the connection. We will see, once they arrive....

10. bumpshadow

bumpshadow Monkey

so, anyone have thoughts on a repeater system for these? I know we all have been thinking about it.

11. BTPost

That would take a PAIR of units, connected Back to Back, and the ability to put them on separate Frequency Chunks, or different Spreading Algorithms.... similar to what has been postulated for a SECURE Phone Repeater... We do NOT know, YET, if the Hardware can be configured in this way....

12. DarkLight

8 days since they claimed they were going to ship your as of yet vapor-ware. I know you are in BFE Alaska but I think even book rate would have been there by now. Any updates or did they change the shipping and delivery dates...again?

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Ganado likes this.
  13. BTPost

Nothing here, yet... Mail comes tomorrow... so we will see...

14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Received my address verification email today.

15. BTPost

Yup, just checked my eMail, and got one as well... Confirned Addess, and now I wait for delivery...

hitchcock4 likes this.
  16. DarkLight

So, and again this is poking at them and their inability to hit a deadline with a shotgun, they missed their date. Or were they going to begin shipping on the 1st and you weren't at the top of that list? It just seems like these folks are big on talk and really, really short on delivery ability.

hitchcock4 likes this.
  17. BTPost

Got my Shipping Notice from BearTooth, today.... My package is on Oakland, CA on it's way to Kent, WA, and then to Juneau, AK, and then put here, likely on Mondays Mail Plane.....

T. Riley likes this.
  18. BTPost

Dunerunner likes this.
  1. DKR
  2. William Warren
  3. bumpshadow
  4. hitchcock4
  5. DKR
  6. Bandit99
  7. BTPost
  8. DKR