Beating Of Ice Cream Man

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, Jul 29, 2016.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Things are getting bad! When this starts happening ya KNOW it's getting bad...

[​IMG]

Three thugs attacked an ice cream truck driver with a baseball bat in an armed robbery yesterday and beat him severly in an attack that clearly justified the use of deadly force in response.

A man driving an ice cream truck was attacked by three suspects outside the Bella Vista Apartments.

The police reports says the suspects robbed Mamadou Bah, 54, of 480 dollars and then beat him.

Police said the incident happened around 7:20 p.m. on Tuesday.

Charra Terry witnessed the attack.
    “It was sad, real, real sad to see,” Terry said.
    Officers were told three males assaulted the victim. He was transported to a local hospital in non-critical condition.

While the exact wording to justify the use of deadly force varies from state to state, the general principle is that citizens have the right to use deadly force to repeal a deadly force attack on themselves or a third party.

In this incident, 54-year-old ice cream truck operator Mamadou Bah is outnumbered 3-1 and his attackers are using a baseball bat against him in an armed robbery. If Bah had a concealed carry permit and shot the man swinging the bat at him he would have clearly been legally justified in this attack captured on camera.

[​IMG]

Depending on the laws in individual states, he may also have been legally justified in shooting the other criminals taking part in the armed robbery.

[​IMG]

What may surprise some people is that Bah is not the only person who had the option of using a firearm to defend him from this attack. Third party self-defense, though rarely implemented, is legal in most jurisdictions. A legally-armed citizen in the same vantage point as the cameraman would be legally justified almost anywhere in shooting the bat-wielding criminal through the side or back to save Bah from this attack.

[​IMG]

The attacker appears to have been aiming the bat at Bah’s head in an attack that could have easily crippled or killed him.

[​IMG]

Bah’s arm was broken attempting to block one of these violent swings.

The ice cream truck driver, who has no criminal record of any kind, can obtain a concealed carry permit in the state of Tennessee and carry a firearm upon his person or in his vehicle as he works.

I’d strongly suggest that he do so before returning to work.

This Beating Of Ice Cream Man Should Have Resulted In Gunfire

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Those thugs were just dang lucky.... I would have had a Pump Shotgun in the Truck, and blown Mr BaseBall Bat into the next Centruy, and then gone hunting for his two buddies...

3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Bad idea that...

in just about every state the law is pretty clear...

you may only use lethal force under certain conditions...

while shooting the first one attacking you is pretty much OK...

hunting em down as they run away is NOT included...

wich usually results in jail time on murder charges...

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Don't try to block a ball bat with your arm! Bat boy's knee is just hanging out there.
    I'd stomp the apex of that knee so hard it would have been heard in Canada! For a start!;)

My tip of the day! LEARN TO FIGHT!!!:D

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, Oltymer and 2 others like this.
  5. svjoe

svjoe Angry Monkey

Would have been a totally different outcome had it been me. My .45 trumps a ball bat any day...........

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

In most the of the cities I have lived where they had ice cream trucks coming around, the drivers were dealing in more than just ice cream, if ya know what I mean.

Ura-Ki, Sgt Nambu and Bandit99 like this.
  7. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

sad what America has become

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The ice cream man should not have been in that neighborhood. Suburbia yes, ghettos no. I know it can happen anywhere but that does not look like a good part of town.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Black lives matter. Unless you are a black thug looking to take by any means what you want from another black perceived to be better off than you are. Now a white cop smoking one of these thugs would be headline news, and not in a good way. Even if he stopped a head smash to the victim. The race baiters would call for his death, for justice, for reparations, for a new luxury car, etc etc. And in most cases the family would receive a good bit of their demands. It is total insanity.

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart and Oltymer like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'd rather see an armed merchant ,but the thugs got a go .
    There is no deterrent if there are no consequences.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Oh No!!! You can not deny the black neighborhood services that would be available anywhere else. Are you rascist? What were you thinking? ...... tic [sarc1]

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, ghrit and 2 others like this.
  12. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I am so puzzled about why you would post this? and only post bad things, are you so addicted to bad news that you have to spread it around? or do you get your jollies sharing bad news? or are you a plant who is trying to stirr people up?

an occasional good news spread with equal enthusiasm would be a nice change of pace.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Why not? Black vendor in a black hood. What could possibly go wrong? Good part, bad part, who's to say? ;)
    Yes, I get it, but did it get to a court, the vendor's employer would be found running afoul of redlining rules had the driver been given such direction.

14. Salted Weapon

Salted Weapon Monkey+++

The problem is the driver kept retreating, pushing himself into a smaller and smaller area and then got himself in unstable footing.
    The best get could have done was hopped back in and got outta there if one got ran over that would not be his fault.
    If you can't fight you better learn to flee well enough. Standing there getting beat is not the answer.
    Surprised the driver doesn't carry something even a tire iron hes in a cash business should have some way to protect himself.

Ura-Ki, Sgt Nambu and Oltymer like this.
  15. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Looks like the truck may have had a mechanical problem, hood is popped up. Driver was unprepared, and suffered for it, could have been much worse.

Salted Weapon likes this.
  16. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'm your huckleberry, ma'am

Ura-Ki and Sgt Nambu like this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I do not see this thread as a case of stirring folks up. IMO, a conversation about Use Of Force with a recent example, is good thread topic, that is definitely survival oriented.... to most folks. There are many out there and probably some here, that do not know their local rules when it comes to self defense, Castle Law and so on.....

Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
  18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

then why not post one on Castle Law etc?... its a very different post than 'xxx gets crap beat out of him post'

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I see this as a classic example of what happened because the guy was not prepared. I say this but @chimo might be right and this guy might be selling narcotics also with his ice cream...but I don't think so for drug dealers are usually armed.
    The guy was lucky - plain and simple - that all he got was a broken arm. A baseball bat has a lot of reach plus there were 3 of these bad guys so it was 'fight or flight' and the idiot chose neither... He was very, very lucky.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
    Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and Oltymer like this.
  20. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I guess I see it as part of the overall litmus test of where and how fast we headed. It helps me to prioritize how I use my resources - please vacation vs. spending the equivalent time and money prepping. A reminder that I need to file my cpl paperwork today since I may not be able to get to my truck gun fast enough.

To me these type of threads relate directly to prepping in that manner.

Negative news is never pleasurable, and there is so much of it these days I can see how it could bother someone. Reality is tough, but the alternative to confronting it is to be in denial, and that's dangerous. I try to balance with time I spend on things that get me centered like dedicated music listening or learning something new.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7