Been working on AC & DC Systems on our new place...,

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by BTPost, Aug 10, 2019.

1. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

PLEASE tell me where to find them! I have a TM-D700A myself, a gift from BTPOST, and I need a new control head for it. TIA.

William Warren

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Does anyone have a favorite 12 volt LED that they would recommend ? Or the best place to get them ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Romex is not a problem so long as you know the loads won't exceed the amperage rating for the size wire you're repurposing. "Too heavy" is impossible; too light can be.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. BenP

BenP Monkey++

You can get 12v bulbs that fit standard fixtures, Amazon.com: standard bulb base 12v

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Low Voltage E26 Medium Screw Base 15 Watt LED Light Bulb Offgrid Power Storage Battery Systems Landscaping Path Fishing Marina Boat Yacht RV Motor Home 12V 20V Wide Range Input - 6000K Cool White, 15W

This is a 12Vdc LED Light that fits a standard Light Fixture Socket m mI have on over my Bed in the cabin...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

Decided on 24 vdc system plus a smaller 12vdc system for ham station and small lighting. 1800 watts of PV to charge both battery banks... Using MPPT chargers for charging the 12 vdc batteries from approx 38volt max solar array is not a problem. 3000 watt sine wave inverter will run chest freezer (400 watt start, 60 watts run) small refrigerator (600 watt start 150 watt run) plus LED house lights (circuit on dpdt switch to remove it from utility power) and when enough reserve is available a toaster (1000 watts). Just finished cutting up a bunch of fat wood for wood burner using a Ryobi saw that runs off of the solar system (gutted a bad battery and made it into an adapter with Anderson Powerpole connections) very nicely. 24 volts have been running my Ryoby tools without a problem for me anyways (mostly use it for saw when there is a lot to do). My small light bars will run on 10 to 30 vdc acording to sticker. Power failure will be greeted with an extra log on the fire, glass of Baileys and a smile.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7