Benchmade Dumpster Fire - They Can Kiss My Grits

Discussion in 'Blades' started by 3M-TA3, Feb 21, 2019.

1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Crazy beer can collector here! First aluminum can in the U.S. was 11oz Primo from Hawaii. Far more common was the old steel can with a top that was aluminum. Zip-top, pull-top, ring pull. Absolutely an Alcoa patent, invented by a guy named Fraze, in Dayton Ohio who sold the patent rights to Alcoa. First used on Iron City cans as early as 1962, with aluminum "sofTop" (requiring an opener) from 60-64. The straight side steel can was an essential component of tennis ball cannons. I wasn't frustrated with finding good steel cans for cannons until the mid 70's, and we were still hanging "fruit juice" tab chains in the barracks until the early 80's. ;)

I have fond memories of using the tabs to fly the rings from hundreds of pull tabs across the Hill Top Market parking lot when I was a kid.

Back on topic: Some Remington knives are still made in USA by Bear & Sons Cutlery. I always think of Remington knives and Loctite in the same instant, since I had screw loosening issues with my last one.

2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The higher ups at Bench Made are obviously card carrying DNC worshipping sycophants.

They can send the guns to me and I will dispose of them.

Homer Simpson and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Better than that,they can send their knives to me so I can melt them down for gun parts.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

As far as I see it, blind patriotic pride got us into this mess in the first place. Add to all of this the fact that "police", mostly, are not working to serve and protect people, but to criminalize and fine them, first and foremost. The "police" operate exclusively as corporations, in every City and State across America, as is evidenced by their "policies" and corporate listing with every comprehensive annual financial report, publicly available at all times every year. Now, if they had been working with the Sheriffs Department, I'd chalk this up to a matter of poor judgement and leave it at that. As it stands, it's still only a favor being carried out in a time when the country is heavily divided and distrust for police is at an all-time high. Those guns were going to be destroyed no matter "who" takes part, and as far as principles may be concerned, this one isn't even close to being violated from where I sit considering the aforementioned facts which I believe takes precedence. In summary, I can say that as long as we continue to believe we ought to live in a militarized police state and keep waving the flag the entire time, not much is ever really going to change. We can also blame 'Bench Made' for making over-priced knives which serves every task just as well as most decently crafted blades on the market to be found for much less and actually bring some substance to this topic, instead.

percival, Mountainman, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

What if NO ONE condescended to destroy those guns ?
    The gun , no matter what it had been used for, is an inanimate object .fact .
    Incompetent law makers do not give life to a thing.
    Not that I care about a few guns , it's the principle .
    it offends me to destroy something inherently valuable.

6. hot diggity

My thoughts exactly. You beat me to it! I had written this yesterday and never hit the post reply button.

Part them out and sell them to GPC (Numrich Arms), Jack First, or Sarco. A gun is a tool. Nothing inherently evil about it, even if it's a crime gun. If it has "a body on it" it just means it functioned as designed. It's hard for me to imagine a county government that wasn't out to squeeze every dime out of their daily functions. In this case though, I think it's only partly ignorance. I think you have a local government that thinks it's doing the right thing "keeping guns off the street" as we keep hearing. Plenty of us would give another SKS and a nice shotgun a safe new home.

My local Sheriff's department sells guns at auction. :)

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Exactly - if some one killed me by running me over with a dump truck would the dump truck be destroyed? I'd greatly prefer who committed the crime punished and not the tool.

Another concern - if my gun was stolen and then used in a crime that gun is still my property even if it was evidence. Most criminals use stolen guns so the majority of the guns destroyed belonged to someone else and should have been returned to the owner.

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know,Many old school mechanics would not use a death engine out of a car someone was killed with/in.

Ura-Ki and Zimmy like this.
  9. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

I think the real fire (for my conservative cousins) is the political donation history of the owner of Benchmade, to me that says more than anything. I believe Leatherman also has a nice controversy in the past about voting "left" ... how people choose to spend their $$s is for them to then decide.

10. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

I would NOT rule out owning anything made by a lefty just because they are lefties. Quality is, or is not.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  11. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Posted on Benchmade's FB site in their first dumpster fire post (yes, they now have a second dumpster fire burning as they attempt to do damage control).It gets better and better.
    [​IMG]

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You had me at "dumpster fire".
    I love a good dumpster fire.

Ganado, Ura-Ki, 3M-TA3 and 2 others like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Reading the fb comments I hit my laugh quota for the week.

FB_IMG_1550919906081.

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If you still support Police, Inc. after watching this, then there's no hope at all for you.

Homer Simpson, Byte, Ganado and 5 others like this.
  15. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

If California want to secede, I'll vote yes

16. hot diggity

I looked at the thread title again and thought Dumpster fire might actually be a good name for a knife. ;)

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Now Cold Steel is jumping on the bandwagon. BM might not be paying attention to the dumpster they started, but others are.
    [​IMG]

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Read where over 2300 are now for sale on flea-bay

Tully Mars and Ura-Ki like this.
  19. hot diggity

It's an enormous site. Could you be more specific? Over 2300 what?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Benchmade knives

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7