Beretta Tomcat?

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Timberghozt, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Timberghozt

Timberghozt Member

Anyone here carry one?What do you think of it?I am trying to find a small pistol that carries easily concealed.My SIG P229 is heavy and not as easy to conceal unless I have a jacket or shirttails untucked..
    Any thoughts on the Tomcat appreciated..
    Ghozt

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

I got one of the Kel-tec .380s, and really like it. I have run several hundred rounds through it, and the only jam was a FTF when it was new, and that was a FMJ round. Really concealable, if you have a pocket for a wallet, you can hide it.

3. Timberghozt

Timberghozt Member

Thanks for the info Ghost.I have never fired one of the KelTecs.I seen the pic of the one TexasDoc just got over at the HB.It looks like it would be pretty handy.I have a Dodge 3500, 4 wheel drive duelly with a between seat console and a Jeep with a center console.I`d like to leave my SIG in the console loaded with 165 grain CORBONS and carry a small pistol on my person when I am away from the vehicle.That 380 would be right up my alley.If I might ask,what is the going rate on one of those KelTecs new in box?

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

5. Timberghozt

Timberghozt Member

Thanks for the links ghrit..Interesting stuff.I sure do like the look of that little Beretta though.. [winkthumb]

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That little Kel-Tec is great. I have shot them before and you can hide them so easily. Just like Ghost said, the only hiccups were when brand new, after a while it ran flawlessly.

7. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

http://www.gunsonthenet.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=47307532
    I think that's what I paid for mine, $219. I found the cheapest one at a gun show.
    They made some reliability improvements, IIRC, the serial numbers on the improved guns started at HH. They need to go ahead and make slide, barrel, and action parts out of stainless, with the polymer frame it would literally be a gun you could put in your swimming trunks, tackle box, or bury with a couple of boxes of ammo.

Looked at ghrit's link, realized I read Tomcat earlier, and thought Bobcat, which is just 22LR and 25. My bad. Not that a 22LR or 25 wouldn't stop a 320 pound gangbanger on meth, but you know how it is. I went with the .380 for the greater bullet weight.

8. Timberghozt

Timberghozt Member

Good info fellas.There is a pawn shop in town that has lots of pistols.I think Im gonna sop in there today and see what and how much cost they have.. [winkthumb]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7