Best bushcraft blade

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Garyca, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have no idea at this moment what the weight is on the ax.... but it is just right for its "chores".
    The machete is custom made from our very own @Bear and is a magnificent tool!!

kellory likes this.
  2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Bear was my first thought when I saw it. Sure it's a monster then (and i'm jealous). Haha.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Macey81

Macey81 Monkey

Thats hard for me to even imagine lol
    but its not a skill youll probably need anytime soon.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Let me know when they let you carry that BK9 around in the workplace, or some downtown club, etc. The best survival knife is the one that you have with you. Period. BK16 can be carried in places where the BK9 cannot...and my RAT folder can be carried in places where my BK16 cannot. My wonky Crazy Swede bracelet can be worn in places where I can't have a knife at all. If you think survival is going to wait for you to go get your gear, you're gonna have a bad day.

buckfynn, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

KIMG0461. KIMG0462. Here is a Charlie Lloyd knife I drew out what I wanted he made it to my specs it will do anything you want it to do the spine has what looks like a gut hook but it's not it's made to lift pots off of a fire and for when you have to baton wood it's catchs the baton so your energy is stored in the blade and not slip off made of 1095 high carbon steel .

Ganado and kellory like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

This one is my Bowie hunting knife. DSCN4162.JPG DSCN4173.JPG DSCN4175.JPG
    Most of recognize the fighting knives , the 2 had made knives my dad made for himself.
    You old guys don't give it away, let the young bucks figure out what these are.
    Hint, they are not bushcraft but they do date back over 150 years DSCN4158.JPG

Lancets?

Nice steel. Classic, even.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  7. RAMBOCAT

RAMBOCAT GHOST MONKEY

For a one knife does it all, you can't beat the CONDOR "Primitive Bush Knife" in either stainless or high carbon steel.

1. chelloveck
  2. chelloveck
  3. chelloveck
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Matei
  8. Matei
  9. norseman
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: norseman, Mar 8, 2021, 3 replies, in forum: Blades
  10. Ganado