Best CommBloc weapon ever made.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by VisuTrac, Jul 16, 2011.

?
  1. AK 47

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. SKS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. SVT40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. TT33

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CZ 52

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. M-91/30 Mosin Nagant

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  7. M-24/47 Mauser

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. AK 74

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. PPSh-41 / PPS-43

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Saiga 12 gauge

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

rules are simple.
    In your opinion, which CommBloc weapon was the 'best'

and by best i might mean :
    best made
    supressive fire
    ease of maintenance
    best sniper
    best value
    best undiscovered gem to add to your collection
    best at putting food on the table
    best at over throwing the red menace

etc.

If it's not listed just post a comment as i can not get all options listed nor do i know all of them. so here it goes.

greenebelly likes this.
  2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

RT-2PM - SS-25 SICKLE

Approximately the size of the U.S. Minuteman ICBM, the SS-25 carries a single-warhead atop a three stage system. The SS-25 is road mobile, making the missile inherently survivable and capable of reload/refire operations. It can fire from field deployment sites or through the sliding roof garage it occupies at its base. The SS-25 joined operational Soviet SRF regiments in 1985. A total area of approximately 190,000 square kilometers could be required to deploy a force consisting of 500 road-mobile SS-25 ICBMs.

Falcon15 and VisuTrac like this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

'Best' defined as the most successful in overall production, sales volume and the sheer number of countries, bandit groups, and American gun-crazy whackos (myself included!) that use it......

The AK47 and it's derivatives, hands down!

Simple, reliable, easy to manufacture, relatively idiot-proof, accurate enough for it's designed role. What else from the Land of Lenin comes close?

Falcon15 likes this.
  4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

The AK platform as a whole..

That would include (from the choice list) AK-47, AK-74, Saiga 12.

Personally, my favorite is the AK-101.

5. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

I have to agree with Seawolf; nothing comes close to the AK when you consider sheer numbers, longevity, ease of operation and durability. It's been used in virtually every armed conflict since its inception in 1947, sometimes on both sides.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I'm rolling with the AK47...
    However i don't care to shoot it in auto...
    Walk's up to easy....

Falcon15 and Cephus like this.
  7. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

The Saiga in 30.06.
    Matt

8. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have to go with the AK because I've on both sides of that one ,I don't like it pointed at me and would rather be holding it.

JMHO

dragonfly, tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm not too sure the MN and Mauser belong in this batch of choices. The MN was an empire design even tho' mfrd and used by a number of commblocs. I'm less certain of the Mauser being co-opted by the commies, but well could have been.

Classics, yes. "Best" is an eye of the beholder sorta thing, especially with the open purpose. Love my MN fire starters --

10. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

That new brake on the 74 and later style AKs really holds it down. I shoot flying fish with mine.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I have shot the 5.45mm AK74 Krinkov - very controllable and pretty fair accurate, for an MG. Not as precise as the F/A Steyr AUG, but a close second.......
    I believe the 5.45 round is very under-appreciated.

VisuTrac and Cephus like this.
  12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The Honey-pot. AKs kill people, missiles destroy and deny area....the honey Pot trap pockets politicians and garners their influence; The best Soviet Block weapon ever conceived.

13. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Well? I voted for the Mosin. Why? I just spent two days being trained by an active staff sarg just returned from Afganistan. He told me the only gun they fear out there is the Mosin sniper rifle. His team kills insurgents all the time that are armed with Ak-47 rifles because they shoot them before the Hajis get into effective range. 5.56 with optics are making head shots on Hajis at 400 yards and out. The gun killed Americans are being sniped by hajis with Mosins or other 30 caliber bolt guns. So in my opinion the Mosin has stood the test of time to this day. Yea the Ak will fire full of mud and the 7.62 by 39 is more powerful then the AR-15 inside 100 yards. But ask a guy whos over there. Which one does fear the most today? The Mosin sniper rifle that can kill him from 1000 yards. That one. KF

VisuTrac, dragonfly, Cephus and 2 others like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I see a You Tube video in your near future...ccc...

tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  15. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Did not vote because of the lack of parameters. Firepower, then certainly the AK--- long range shooter then a Mauser or MN --- crowd pleaser then a shotgun. So---I vote for them all and have most. Love my MNs, AKs,and Mausers.

16. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

The durability and proliferation of the AK-47 is beyond imagination; derivitives/copy-cats abound.

I'm kind of partial to the Polish-made weapons because of their craftsmanship, but then, beggars can't be choosy.[bedtime]

17. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

If I had my druthers, I'd druther not be on the WRONG end of any of them...Tried that once, was not what I called fun.
    Now as far as a sniper weapon, the MN is scary but it takes a real cool head and a talented person to make it that way...( Soviet women! YIKES!)
    The AK is a nasty and can lay down a field of deadly lead, really fast...It's so easy to operate, 10 year olds make it look simple!

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The Kalashnikov is too hard to beat.

The MN is an excellent sniper. Ruskies proved that in WWII and the Finns did also in the Winter War. Eastern snipers work with their infantry; they shoot at leaders and belt feeders etc at normal combat ranges. The long range precision sniper is Western doctrine.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7