Best firearm never owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ghrit, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well, we have threads for the best firearm you've ever owned and the worst you've ever owned. So what's the best you've NEVER owned? Only one choice, 'cause you really don't know, just think you do, and the wish list is elsewhere on the forum. (No fair telling why someone else's choice is NFG, either. We don't want to spoil dreams.)

Me? a "real" (before Winchester went out of business) Winchester 94 in thutty-thutty. Never owned one, never shot one, in fact never even handled one.

[yack]

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

A.R.s
    Never owned one
    Never shot one
    Maybe next year.?

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Barrett 82A1 50 bmg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

M1 Garand

5. carly28043

carly28043 Monkey+

I would have to say an 1847 Walker Colt. However, if forced to, I would accept an 1873 Peacemaker. They are just so darned pretty.

Seacowboys likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

.308 Nato DMPS AR10 with 24" Chrome Lined Stainless Barrel

but I have one in my future....

VisuTrac, Gator 45/70, Cephus and 2 others like this.
  7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

HK MP5 Navy

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

A cased set of the original Harry Sanford designed Automag pistol, with three uppers - .25AMP, .357 JMP and .44AMP.

Wanted one ever since I saw one at a local shop in my high school daze inthe early 70's.

Falcon15 likes this.
  9. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

Ma Deuce!!!!

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  10. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

.338 Laupala Magnum rifle, with all the bells and whistles.
    on%20page%20images%5Clarge%5C30M%281%29.
    [drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling][drooling]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

I shot one of these, with a legal (paperwork was on hand) suppressor just this past Tuesday. My buddy from my group has 2. Man, the thing is sweet. With the suppressor and subsonic ammo, I only heard the clack of the bolt and a very small report. I was tickled silly. It was AWESOME.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

One of Mr. Searcy's fine double rifles in .500 Nitro Express.

Falcon15 and ghrit like this.
  13. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

14. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Aha that's an easy one... for a time I was issued an M25... a souped up version of the M14
    springfield.

I never met the man but the legendary USMC sniper Carlos Hathcock used an earlier version of the one I had... This is one of those few weapons made that is honed to such fine precision when you pick it up you know you got something real special in your hands...

this my friends is the rifle of my dreams and no one can ever own one. they just let you borrow them for a short while... if your worthy...

Sapper John, Falcon15 and Cephus like this.
  15. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

You lucky duck! I didn't get the full experience as the one I spent a few minutes with wasn't wearing a suppressor and was just shooting standard issue range fodder. But I tell you what, that thing shot so good I think it can make anybody look like a pro.

16. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Actually, I have owned, or shot, or now own several of the weapons mentioned so far. I would have to say I agree with Quigley Sharps. If I were to come into a really large chunk of cash, the Barrett .50 cal semi-auto would be first on my list. Along with a 2.5 ton truck load of ammo for it.....[gun]The Ma Deuce would be choice #2 for me.

VisuTrac, Falcon15 and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  17. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

Ghrit, I have a Model 94 that my dad bought new in 1953 or 54. Good shooting gun. Easy carry and handles like a dream. Worth the effort to try/own one in my opinion.

18. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

A Phalanx to put up on the hill way back in the hollor with a manual control.
    If we're going to wish ,why not !!

tacmotusn and Falcon15 like this.
  19. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Here's mine, seen what this has done close up.
    Fairchild_A-10-Gatling_Gun_Closeup.

tacmotusn, Cephus and Falcon15 like this.
  20. ralph kramden

ralph kramden Monkey+

it used to be a saa in .45 colt, but got one now, ooo.. my precious, as gollum would say. now its a m1a1 thompson, the chicago typewriter. lots of folks from that locale need a personal introduction in my opinion....

addendum: to the dhs, im just drunk ya know, dont mind me.. dont get your panties in a bunch...the blogosphere is overrun with detritus, flotsam and morons, just like the real world..

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7