Best firearm never owned

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by ghrit, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Do tell Bruce...
    I have like the looks of these as well...Your reason if i may ask.?

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I need a "reach out and touch someone" Weapon....

Redneck Rebel and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Cool ^^^+1

4. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I used to "own" a couple of 7.62 miniguns back in '69 as gunner/crew chief on an old C-model Huey gunship. They eat a lot, but are great friends to have available...

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

The Army in some obscure purchasing proceedure supplys the Navy with the majority of the small arms available to all but Special Forces. I could have a .45 with a missing barrel bushing due to a clumsy sailor dropping it over the side into the ocean. Even though we had all the info needed to identify the exact part and to order and replace it, seldom if ever would the Army supply us with a replacement part. Once any part broke or was lost you might as well order a new/reconditioned weapon, and send the one with the missing part back to the Army. I could even have qualified armorers, who having attended Army schools, who could fix a fubar small arm onboard, and I still couldn't get parts. It was very frustrating until I figured a way around it. An Old salty gunnersmate told me that when ordering guns from the Army, that all they required back after receiving new ones was an old receiver. I am probably the only fleet gunnersmate who never bought a bare receiver and built quite cheaply his own 45 from stripped parts. I did however learn you could do these weapons swap outs quarterly with out oversight. As such well prior to a deployment over a period of 2 or 3 quarters I would strip 3 or 4 newly reconditioned weapons just for a parts cache, just in case something broke on the cruise. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

6. thecondor1

thecondor1 Monkey+

Czechoslovakian Brno .22 rifle yeah!

These rifles are the sweetest, most elegantly-lethal, beautifully designed and exquisitely tooled weapons manufactured for the general public, ever!

7. thecondor1

thecondor1 Monkey+

Czechoslovakian Brno .22 rifle yeah!

These rifles are the sweetest, most elegantly-lethal, beautifully designed and exquisitely tooled weapons manufactured for the general public, ever! Go see -http://www.czub.cz/en/catalog/105-brno-rifles/

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Can't hold a candle to my Pre A Winchester Model 52 Heavy Barrel.... ..... YMMV....

9. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

M-249 SAW

I don't know why, I just want one REALLY bad. Knowing that it will never happen just hurts.

10. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

M1A full NM in a high end composite glass bedded stock. [drooling]

11. Espada

Espada Monkey+

No kiddin' man... All-American pistol that changed the West from single-shot flintlocks and caplocks to "six-shooters."

Don't know why you and I don't own one since we like them so much !

Maybe the $10,000 price tag for one in "dugup" condition ?

carly28043 likes this.
  12. carly28043

carly28043 Monkey+

Could be. That is one of those "I won the big lottery" fantasies.

13. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Another of my Holy Grail pistols is the LeMat cap&ball revolver of the Civil War - carried by the likes of General J. E. B. Stuart and other cavalry officers - nine shots of .44 surrounding a shotbarrel! A couple of those would give a trooper a LOT of firepower to hand!

carly28043 likes this.
  14. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

Lewis Machine & Tool LM308MWS with 20-inch stainless barrel. And a really nice scope (?).

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I got one

16. carly28043

carly28043 Monkey+

Okay, I have to say that this one would not hurt my feelings either.

17. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

HK UMP 45

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  18. titosoto

titosoto Monkey+

Desert eagle

19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Same

20. jreb357

jreb357 Monkey+