Best friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Here is a picture of Jack 14years old.After a lump removal and pathology report I found out my best friend and fishing buddy Jack has terminal cancer and a few short months left with me. Just when you finally find a great dog the time flies and they go away all too soon.

[​IMG]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Please make sure he is comfortable all the way. Condolences.

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I believe I've seen Jack a time or two before in some great photos that you've shared. :) A devoted friend is a joy to have.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm really sorry to hear the bad news Quig. You've had a really tough year. Like Tracy, I've enjoyed seeing Jack in your photos through the years and I think of you two as buddies.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Dang...They never will live as long as we will...and losing one is a heartbreak!
    My sincerest condolences for the bad news...
    I am trying to battle the loss of my own, soon to be gone "buddy".....
    At 58, I have had a lot of dogs, and cats, as pets and best friends...seems they are gone all too quickly.
    I once thought I'd keep an album of photos of each...that was a mistake, it made each and every loss even worse for me....

6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I was talking with a waitress yesterday, and she had some puppies for a good home. My last dog passed a couple of years ago. So I was a bit interested. Her pups are a cross between Australian Shepherd and Black Labradore. Sounds like a big capable lovable dog to guard the house and me. They are only a few days old now, but I will be getting one at 6 to 8 weeks of age.
    Sorry about your loss. Don't hesitate as long as I did. Move on, find a new friend soon. JMHO of course.

7. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Sorry to hear that Quig. I remember in high school when our two labs had arthritis so bad that my dad had to have 'em put to sleep. One of the rare moments I ever saw him cry. Spend every minute you can with him and make it comfortable for him.

8. happyhunter42

happyhunter42 Monkey+++

Sorry for the loss. You will always have the memories to make you smile.

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Sorry to hear it QS. Sounds like you've had a ton of good times with him.

10. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels.

Growing up my dad had a dog that can't be compared to any other dog. Part German Sheppard, part Doberman Pincher (and no, he did not have his tail docked (sp?) or ears cropped).

I loved this dog, and when he was put down, I cried for what seemed like days. I'll see if I can find a picture of him.

My best memory of him? Letting him out the back door when the salesmen/Jehovah's Witnesses pulled into the drive. Standing on all fours, he could look into the drivers side window, bark and fog up the window. Needless to say, most people found reverse real quick.
    Also, we lived on 15 acres of land, with a "low land" area that was not maintained, this is where he did all of his business. Not once did we ever have to clean up a mess in the yard.

Next month I might be getting a 2yr old Golden Retriever. A friend of my wife's has fallen on hard times, real hard and she can't keep the dog anymore.

11. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Sorry for your loss.

Clone Him!!

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I hate to hear that Quig. I also remember seeing Jack in a few pics, I know he is a loyal and faithful friend. Spend as much time with him as you can, and make the most of the time you have together. I hope that there are still good memories for the two of you to share.

13. MinTX

MinTX lostinaustin

I am so sorry to hear this.
    I have lost more than a few furry family members myself.
    Prayers to you.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7