Best Second Amendment Quote Ever! by a politician

Discussion in 'Politics' started by melbo, Sep 25, 2007.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Ric. Those poll hacking teenie boppers you and Hannity keep talking about have raised $805,000+ $962,000 in 5 days. This is not an anomaly that will just go away. This is America speaking $10 at a time.

Fox and Hannity lied about the Poll redialing. I tried it and after One Call, the recording told me that I had already voted. If you want to make your point, please make it. But if you continue to post already debunked lies and rumors, I'll have to start editing your 10,000 word cut and pastes.

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

SO wheres the bad votes? At least based on what I could remember or guess of the legislation pieces mentioned it looked pretty consistant to me that he had voted for the things that the constitution gives the Fed authority to deal with if it was needed and needed or not voted against the things that the constitution dose not give the Fed authority to deal with and thankfuly showed himself to support the constitution and its spirit by not trying to use a document created to ensure our rights and limit those of the government to give government the ability to takeaway rights, one thats none of governments business in the first place (marage be it to a person of the same sex, opposite sex, a different race, ugly, bueatiful or what ever so long as both consenting then between the participants and their god and or lack there of) and another that attempts to make a route to circumvent the very first right the founders thought to protect in the bill of rights, the right of people to express unpopular ideas and protest in unpopular ways so long as its peacful. So far as Im concerned if he had voted otherwise on either of those then it would have been awfuly close to treason.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm not too sure that Ric's commentary should be discouraged. If nothing else, it gets the untruths exposed and countered, starts the debate rolling with a statement of extremes. MM (both of them) did a not bad rebuttal, and pointed out the reasoning behind the no votes, that being the constitutional argument as well as keeping gov of any flavor out of private lives. I'd go one step further on the abortion issue, tho', it may well be left to the states to regulate, but it is a private matter so far as I'm concerned. Keep politics and religion out of the issue, it's strictly private. (BTW, a thread on RP's badness would get a LOAD of viewings.)

My jury is still out on RP, there are some things I have minor problems with. Need to see more of Fred. As in all things political, when the time to vote comes around, you have to hit a balance between what you want and what you can get.

That all said, it might be a good idea to take this series and plunk it down in the 08 election forum, what say you all?

5. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Highly agreed.

Ric Doug

All I can say is do you want someone who is really going to stay within the constraints of the the Consitition or someone who's goal is to take your rights away. IMHO the best way to defend the Consitition is to defend the rights of someone you disagree with. If we as Americans don't start putting our differances aside and start defending one anothers rights we are all going to be even more screwed than we already are. You cannot cantinue to vote for and back NWO puppets and expect that you will become anything but a slave to the system. I don't understand why people cannot see that, or just refuse to see it.

OGM

6. Minuteman

You're right.
    I am a little to close to the issue. Stick to the debate.
    Actually I got RD confused with another poster who has been trolling these threads.
    My apologies.

7. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I enjoy seeing a good political debate (and [FWIW] agree this should be in election 08 thread, g) moreso among the people than the politicians.

Ric brings up some good points. More for me to research and check out for myself. I appreciate opposing viewpoints and welcome the questions they pose.

8. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

That's Your Priviledge as a Moderator, Melbo. I see a post below attempting to counter mine. My post is the Truth, as I see it. That's His opinion and right, too. My opinion is that Ron Paul represents a Farce. What You are threatening to do to me I equivocate with Billary attempting to silence Talk Radio. I was invited into this thread by E-Mail. Here I am. I have not always agreed with popular opinion. My choices are based on what I've researched and deemed right. Fred Thompson For President! Ric Douglas

9. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

Ron Paul supporters are fast making a name for themselves on the web. Not because they are just web savvy, but because they have proven themselves to be the best at hacking on-line polls, invalidating conservative polling data on behalf of their candidate.

[LMAO][booze] Pure BS. They can't face the truth that he actually has a huge following.

I've followed the Polls and News. Ron Paul consistently scores in the 1 percentile.

Despite the fact that presidential candidate Ron Paul can not score better than 3% in any legitimate national poll

Hmm, I suppose the straw polls, (where you actually have to physically appear and vote) don't count huh. He has continually placed in the top 5.

Most Straw Polls are conducted by Phone. I choose not to ignore them.

On the Issues - Not strong on life -

Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)

Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)

Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)

Not strong on traditional Marriage
    Voted NO on Constitutional Amendment banning same-sex marriage. (Sep 2004 & Jul 2006)
    An area belonging to the individual state. Not the feds business.

I disagree.

Not strong on crime and punishment
    Opposes the death penalty. (Jan 2007)

Voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons. (Jun 2000)

Voted NO on more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime. (Jun 1999)

Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)

Not strong on fighting the drug problem
    Legalize industrial hemp. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)

Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)

Legalize medical marijuana. (Jul 2001)

Not strong on free religious speech or private schooling options
    Voted NO on allowing school prayer during the War on Terror. (Nov 2001)

Voted NO on requiring states to test students. (May 2001)

Voted NO on allowing vouchers in DC schools. (Aug 1998)

Rated 67% by the NEA, indicating a mixed record on public education
    Not strong on national security and sovereignty
    Voted NO on deterring foreign arms transfers to China. (Jul 2005)

Voted NO on reforming the UN by restricting US funding. (Jun 2005)

Military aggressiveness weakens our national defense. (May 2007)

Criticizes use of war on terror to curtail civil liberties. (Jan 2007)
    And you are for a restriction on our civil liberties?

I'm for methods that save our Troop's and Citizen's lives.

Opposes Patriot Act & Iraq War. (Jan 2007)
    Again you are for spying on US citizens without court oversight?

Again, I have nothing to hide. Are You for Terrorist's rights to plot against Americans in Their Privacy?! (I can ask those kind of "Are You a Patriot" questions, too)

Voted NO on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
    A national ID card. You support that?

No. I agree with Ron on this issue.

Not strong on government reform and campaign transparency
    Voted NO on requiring lobbyist disclosure of bundled donations. (May 2007)

Voted NO on restricting independent grassroots political committees. (Apr 2006)

You are in favor of stifleing political dissent?

The McCain-Feingold Incumbent Protection Act S. 25 Prevents Bribary from Lobbiests and Special Interest Groups. It's accross the Board and does not Favor GOA, NRA, or any others.

http://www.nationalcenter.org/McCainFeingold.html

PROHIBITED USE-

`(1) IN GENERAL- A contribution or amount described in

subsection (a) shall not be converted by any person to personal

use.

`(2) CONVERSION- For the purposes of paragraph (1), a

contribution or amount shall be considered to be converted to

personal use if the contribution or amount is used to fulfill

any commitment, obligation, or expense of a person that would

exist irrespective of the candidate's election campaign or

individual's duties as a holder of Federal officeholder,

including--

`(A) a home mortgage, rent, or utility payment;

`(B) a clothing purchase;

`(C) a noncampaign-related automobile expense;

`(D) a country club membership;

`(E) a vacation or other noncampaign-related trip;

`(F) a household food item;

`(G) a tuition payment;

`(H) admission to a sporting event, concert, theater, or

other form of entertainment not associated with an election

campaign; and

`(I) dues, fees, and other payments to a health club or

recreational facility.'

Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)
    See above question.

See above answer.

Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)
    Again

Again

Not strong on Second Amendment Rights
    Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)

Voted NO on prohibiting suing gun makers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)

Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
    He opposes any waiting period.

But He votes differently.

Not strong in the war on terror
    We're more threatened now by staying in Iraq. (Jun 2007)

We should have declared war in Iraq, or not gone in at all. (May 2007)

Ronald Reagan had the courage to turn tail & run in Lebanon. (May 2007)
    RR realized the futility of placing our military in places where our enemies can easily strike them. And he was never critisized as a "cut and runner".

I did.

Intervention abroad incites hatred & attacks like 9/11. (May 2007)
    Do you believe that the reason they hate us is because we have freedom and drive SUV's?

Muslim Extremests Hate everyone who does not Bow to their Faith.

When we go to war carelessly, the wars don't end. (May 2007)
    Voted against war because Iraq was not a national threat. (May 2007)

Opposes Iraq war and opposes path toward Iran war. (Jan 2007)

Voted YES on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Voted NO on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006)

Voted NO on approving removal of Saddam & valiant service of US troops. (Mar 2004)

Voted NO on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002)
    On and on ad nauseum. Why can't you realize that by voting no he isn't condoning the issue. He is voting against the constitutionality of it. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Good Men don't let bad things happen, without recourse.

It’s true that he voted correctly several times throughout his lengthy political career?
    Correct, meaning like the neocons, who are mainly flip flop Reagon republicans who changed parties in the 80's.

It's also true that Ron Paul votes over 60% against his stated Political Affiliation.

In 1992, a similar set of events were underway, both liberal-tarian Republicans with an isolationist national security outlook and a desire to end all federal spending not aimed at benefiting them personally, worked together with liberal Democrats who shared those same “all about me” values to promote a third party candidate named Ross Perot. Together, they seated President Bill Clinton with less than 47% of the popular vote, against the will of more than 53% of voters.
    The "fear factor" of the Clintons is getting a lot of mileage from the repub neocons.

This is History. Do You know why We Study History

He claims that the constitution somehow prevents us from protecting our national security interests abroad.
    No, it provides for that, but it has not been properly applied since WWll. AND you didn't include that he voted FOR war with Afganistan to unseat the Taliban and go after OBL, who actually was a threat to the US. Saddam Hussien was under UN embargo's and couldn't fart without us knowing it. Where was the "Threat" from Iraq?

Even after we found WMD, many made excuses and belittled the facts. How many Al-Qaeda have we captured/killed in Iraq?

He also fails to recognize that the national security threats are much different today, as compared to those present in 1776.
    How so? Because we have airplanes now? Things are'nt that much different as far as security goes.

Intelligence and Communications have DRASTICALLY Changed Security since 1776!

It’s easy to figure out why liberal Democrats are supporting Ron Paul. He’s anti-war, pro- marijuana, pro- gay rights and abortion under the guise of “privacy”, pro- gun control, anti-trade and an isolationist who believes that America is the bad guy around the globe, rather than the generous beacon of freedom that has liberated more people than all other nations combined.

He is actually con on all of those issues. The "Hanntized" robots and "Rushdies" of the repub world cannot grasp the fact that he is against "Federal Government" intervention in things that belong to the states. So isn't big government a pet theme of the liberal left? Is that what you support?

He votes otherwise over 60% of the time. Calling me liberal is generally ignorant. My voting record is strongly conservative, with a few exceptions pertaining to education and health care.

Thanks for the Point/Counterpoint, Minuteman! Ric Douglas

10. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

Wrong Question. I want a President with a Stronger sense of National Security. Ron Paul's not that man. The constitution has been stretched, massaged and amended. So has Ron Paul's choices. My current choice is Fred Thompson, based on my research. Things can change, over the course of a year.

Let me ask You a Question, in the same vein You just asked me:

Do You prefer Consorting with Terrorists or giving Free Health Care and Monetary Assistance to Illegal Aliens?

Now, I realize you would probably answer NO to both parts of that question, so I will just request You refrain from asking me the same type. That question was just to prove a point. Ric Douglas

11. monkeyman

Ric, I do appreciate the debate and that, while there is some passion (thankfuly and as to be expected or at least hoped for) from all sides of the debate, for keping it in an intelegent format debateing the facts/ideas and attempting to support/defend them rather than just makeing vague statments then not offering ANYTHING to support them. Im afraid at least a part of the negative response you have recieved from some, aside from obviously passions involved, is due to confusion with or irritation from some who have simply dropped statments with nothing backing them then when challenged on it would not respond other than continueing to make the same statments still without anything to clarify, support or back them. While I also found that undesirable I welcome conflicting points of view SO LONG as the person is willing to support their position with explaination and or debate or if they are going to choose not to the dont bother to keep restateing the same disputed facts without clarification or supporting information.[bow][wannamesswitme]

Couldnt find the dueling keyboard smiley so those will have to do.

12. monkeyman

The way I see it, haveing our troops HERE rather than streched beyond their limits with nation building would improve our national security since we are then not feeding the terrorists new recruits AND can put our troops on our own boarders (doing the job they are supposed to do of secureing OUR boarders. BTW in NO way is this downing our troops at any level much lower than Comander in Chief associates).

Al-Qaeda and their supporters will go to any Muslim area where we are fighting because our presence will create resentment they can feed and feed from by useing those resentments to bring new supporters to them.

IF we are going to fight in these places then we cant go in and try to fight at the same time that we try to make friends, its either go in with total war untill there is total surender or dont bother to go in.

In the debate on PBS the other night RP basicly stated that if attacked under his administration then war would be declaired constitutionaly, we would elimenate the problem and come home but that he dosent support all the nationbuilding crap we try to do. We arent fighting terrorists in Iraq, if we were then our troops would be able to shoot when they see terrorists training to kill them or placeing IEDs instead all they are allowed to do unless being actively enguaged (and even then at some risk if they return fire) is to just report it. The top is tieing the troops hands, so in short we aint crappin and need to get off the pot.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Awrite chu guys, this is politics, not firearms, hence the move. Civility also counts, so use paintball grenades, not the real thing --. Remember, it's opinions, not personalities, that are being debated, we are not about to challenge each other to duels at dawn.

14. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

OGM

15. Minuteman

My turn..

Let's look at your "conservative" hero RD.

Let's look at his voting record;

He says he's for energy independence, but..

Voted YES on defunding renewable and solar energy. (Jun 1999)

He says he's pro family, but....

Voted YES on killing restrictions on violent videos to minors. (May 1999)

He says he is against foriegn special interests, but...

Voted NO on killing a bill for trade sanctions if China sells weapons. (Sep 2000)

Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)

Voted YES on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)

Voted YES on renewing 'fast track' presidential trade authority. (Nov 1997)

Voted NO on banning more types of Congressional gifts. (Jul 1995)

He says he's pro gun, but...

Voted YES on maintaining current law: prohibiting guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)

He says he supports senior citizens and is against the big drug companies monopoly, but..

Voted NO on allowing reimportation of Rx drugs from Canada. (Jul 2002)

Voted NO on allowing patients to sue HMOs & collect punitive damages. (Jun 2001)

Voted NO on including prescription drugs under Medicare. (Jun 2000)

Voted YES on limiting self-employment health deduction. (Jul 1999)

Voted NO on medical savings acounts. (Apr 1996)

He says he is for a strong military,but..

Voted YES on allowing another round of military base closures. (May 1999)

Voted YES on cutting nuclear weapons below START levels. (May 1999)

Voted YES on favoring 36 vetoed military projects. (Oct 1997)

He says he is for securing our borders and against amnesty for illegals, but...

Voted YES on allowing more foreign workers into the US for farm work. (Jul 1998)

Voted YES on visas for skilled workers. (May 1998)

Voted YES on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997)

He says he is for lower taxes and welfare reform, but...

Voted NO on reducing marriage penalty instead of cutting top tax rates. (May 2001)

Voted NO on increasing tax deductions for college tuition. (May 2001)

Voted YES on welfare block grants. (Aug 1996)

Voted NO on eliminating block grants for food stamps. (Jul 1996)

Voted YES on allowing state welfare waivers. (Jul 1996)

How does he stand on the issues?

He says that Roe v. Wade was a wrong decision that ought to be overturned and that he is pro-life,[68] but that states should not criminalize young women for early term abortions.[69]HYPERLINK \l "_note-44"[70] He would not support a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage,

Thompson's support of the McCain-Feingold campaign finance legislation brought criticism from groups such as Gun Owners of America (GOA), who said that the legislation limited their ability to inform the public about the gun rights voting records of incumbent politicians

Billing records show that Thompson, who describes his position as pro-life, was paid for about 20 hours of work in 1991 and 1992 on behalf of a family planning group trying to ease a departmental regulation on abortion counseling in federally-funded clinics

Thompson is viewed somewhat poorly by conservative activists on immigration and campaign-finance reform.

Americans for Better Immigration - a group that advocates deportation of illegals and a stronger border - rates Thompson an overall "C."

It's easy to see how he has aquired the nickname of "Fraud Thompson"

What do others say about him?

Fred Thompson was Nixon's mole on the Senate Watergate Committee

<DIR>Thompson tipped off the White House that the committee knew about the taping system and would be making the information public. In his all-but-forgotten Watergate memoir, "At That Point in Time," Thompson said he acted with "no authority" in divulging the committee’s knowledge of the tapes, which provided the evidence that led to Nixon’s resignation. It was one of many Thompson leaks to the Nixon team, according to a former investigator for Democrats on the committee, Scott Armstrong , who remains upset at Thompson’s actions.

"Thompson was a mole for the White House," Armstrong said in an interview. "Fred was working hammer and tong to defeat the investigation of finding out what happened to authorize Watergate and find out what the role of the president was."

</DIR>Fred Thompson: Witness recalls he was working as PRO-abortion lobbyist (that's right; PRO-abortion)

<DIR>Former Tennessee Sen. Fred D. Thompson, who is campaigning for president as a "pro-life" Republican, accepted a lobbying assignment from a family-planning group to persuade the first Bush White House to ease a controversial abortion restriction, according to a 1991 document and five people familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for the former senator denied that Thompson did the lobbying work. But minutes of a 1991 board meeting of the National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Assn. show that the group hired Thompson that year.

</DIR>
    How informed is he on the issues?

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Fred Thompson said Thursday he was unaware that a federal judge had ruled last week that lethal injection procedures in his home state were unconstitutional.

Thompson also told reporters he was unaware that the U.S. Supreme Court agreed this week to consider a Kentucky case about whether lethal injection violates the Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment.

Thompson's support for the death penalty was a major part of his campaign platform when he first ran for the U.S. Senate in Tennessee in 1994. Asked for his response to the recent Tennessee and Kentucky cases, Thompson responded, "I hadn't heard that. I didn't know."

It's not the first time Thompson has been caught off-guard by questions on hot-button topics. In Florida earlier this month, Thompson seemed surprised when asked about oil drilling in the Everglades, a major issue in the state.

Thompson also gave no opinion when asked about efforts by President Bush and Congress to keep brain-damaged Terri Schiavo alive two years ago, saying he did not remember details of the case that stirred national debate.

Thompson again dismissed harsh criticism from James Dobson, founder and chairman of Colorado-based Focus on the Family, an evangelical Christian group.

In a private e-mail obtained last week by The Associated Press, Dobson accused the former Tennessee senator and actor of being weak on the campaign trail and wrong on issues dear to social conservatives.

Seems to me like he is just another "Owned" politician.

If Fred Thompson is elected president, he will be the first federally registered lobbyist to become Commander in Chief. Since his days as top minority counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee, Thompson has collected over $1 million in lobbying fees. In return, he has provided exceptional access to those in power.

Thompson's prospective presidential bid stands out in another respect: No campaign has been so dominated by staffers and advisers who have worked on behalf of Philip Morris, one of the world's leading tobacco conglomerates and a leading force in promoting cigarette smoking.
    Thompson's lobbying career demonstrates his striking skill in capitalizing on his own government service and on the success of his friends in public office.

In 1981, when the Republicans took control of the Senate, Thompson's employer and mentor, Senator Howard Baker, became Majority Leader. With Baker's rise to power, Thompson's lobbying fees from Westinghouse and other clients shot up from a paltry $2,575 in 1980 to $100,438 in 1981 -- then a considerable sum.

That was peanuts compared to the fees
    Thompson got from just one lobbying client 23 years later, after another Tennessee friend, Bill Frist, was elected Senate Majority Leader.
    Equitas, a British firm seeking to minimize the cost of damages to Lloyds of London under pending legislation governing asbestos liability (asbestos is a known cause of respiratory diseases and of mesothelioma, a lethal lung cancer) in 2004 hired Thompson as part of a massive, $7.88 million lobbying drive.

I don't know RD, seems to me like Ron Paul is looking a whole lot better when the FACTS come out. HE has'nt wavered in his positions. Even those who run against him and or have been at odds with him in the house, all say the same thing. He is consistant, he doesn't waver. He beleives in what he says and stands by it.

He doesn't support a cause because he gets paid for it or because it serves the interests of some corporation.

There are some good things you could apply to any of the candidates.And you can dig up dirt on any one of them too.

But while you are researching them and forming an educated and informed opinion as to who you will cast your vote for, remember this; You may not agree with everything that Ron Paul stands for, I don't either, but ask yourself this. Have I ever heard of another politician that didn't waver on his beliefs? Have I ever before heard of a politician that even those who don't support him admit is an honest man?

I plan to cast my vote for the first and only honest politician to come along in my lifetime.

16. Minuteman

Lets look at Ron Pauls record

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=8 width=624 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center>Voted NO on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)\

Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)

Voted YES on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (2000)

Voted NO on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005)
    (it should be repealed)

Voted YES on protecting the Pledge of Allegiance. (Sep 2004)

Voted NO on constitutional amendment prohibiting flag desecration. (Jun 2003)
    (constitution garantees free speech)

Voted YES on banning gay adoptions in DC. (Jul 1999)

Voted YES on ending preferential treatment by race in college admissions

Voted YES on funding for alternative sentencing instead of more prisons. (Jun 2000)
    (make prisoners work instead of having the taxoayers pay for them)

Voted NO on more prosecution and sentencing for juvenile crime. (Jun 1999)
    (community service and alternate punishment instead of incarceration)

Voted NO on military border patrols to battle drugs & terrorism. (Sep 2001)
    (secure our borders and there would be no need, and not the role of the military)

Voted NO on subjecting federal employees to random drug tests. (Sep 1998)
    (invasion of privacy)

Voted NO on removing oil & gas exploration subsidies. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on keeping moratorium on drilling for oil offshore. (Jun 2006)

Voted YES on scheduling permitting for new oil refinieries.

Voted NO on passage of the Bush Administration national energy policy. (Jun 2004)
    (A flawed policy)

Voted NO on prohibiting oil drilling & development in ANWR. (Aug 2001)

Voted NO on starting implementation of Kyoto Protocol. (Jun 2000)

Voted YES on reducing Marriage Tax by $399B over 10 years. (Mar 2001)

Voted YES on keeping Cuba travel ban until political prisoners released. (Jul 2001)

Voted YES on withholding $244M in UN Back Payments until US seat restored. (May 2001)

Voted NO on $156M to IMF for 3rd-world debt reduction. (Jul 2000)

Voted NO on Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China. (May 2000)

Voted NO on $15.2 billion for foreign operations. (Nov 1999)

Voted NO on implementing CAFTA, Central America Free Trade. (Jul 2005)

Voted NO on implementing US-Australia Free Trade Agreement. (Jul 2004)

Voted NO on implementing US-Singapore free trade agreement. (Jul 2003)

Voted NO on implementing free trade agreement with Chile. (Jul 2003)

Voted YES on withdrawing from the WTO. (Jun 2000)

Voted NO on 'Fast Track' authority for trade agreements. (Sep 1998)

Voted YES on protecting whistleblowers from employer recrimination. (Mar 2007)

Voted YES on requiring photo ID for voting in federal elections. (Sep 2006)

Voted NO on restricting independent grassroots political committees. (Apr 2006)

Voted YES on limiting attorney's fees in class action lawsuits. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on restricting frivolous lawsuits. (Sep 2004)

Voted NO on campaign finance reform banning soft-money contributions. (Feb 2002)

Voted NO on banning soft money and issue ads. (Sep 1999)

Voted YES on requiring negotiated Rx prices for Medicare part D. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on denying non-emergency treatment for lack of Medicare co-pay. (Feb 2006)

Voted NO on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003)

Voted YES on allowing reimportation of prescription drugs. (Jul 2003)

Voted YES on small business associations for buying health insurance. (Jun 2003)

Voted YES on establishing tax-exempt Medical Savings Accounts. (Oct 1999)

Voted YES on restricting no-bid defense contracts. (Mar 2007)

Voted NO on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Voted NO on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)

Voted YES on continuing military recruitment on college campuses. (Feb 2005)

Voted NO on supporting new position of Director of National Intelligence. (Dec 2004)

Voted NO on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)

Voted YES on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns. (Jul 2002)

Voted NO on $266 billion Defense Appropriations bill. (Jul 1999)

Voted YES on deploying SDI. (Mar 1999)

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)

Voted YES on reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. (May 2004)

Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001)

Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998)

Voted NO on restricting employer interference in union organizing. (Mar 2007)

Voted NO on increasing minimum wage to $7.25. (Jan 2007)

Voted NO on $167B over 10 years for farm price supports. (Oct 2001)

Voted YES on zero-funding OSHA's Ergonomics Rules instead of $4.5B. (Mar 2001)

Voted YES on retaining reduced taxes on capital gains & dividends. (Dec 2005)

Voted YES on providing tax relief and simplification. (Sep 2004)

Voted YES on making permanent an increase in the child tax credit. (May 2004)

Voted YES on permanently eliminating the marriage penalty. (Apr 2004)

Voted YES on making the Bush tax cuts permanent. (Apr 2002)

Voted YES on $99 B economic stimulus: capital gains & income tax cuts. (Oct 2001)

Voted YES on Tax cut package of $958 B over 10 years. (May 2001)

Voted YES on eliminating the Estate Tax ("death tax"). (Apr 2001)

Voted YES on eliminating the "marriage penalty". (Jul 2000)

Voted YES on $46 billion in tax cuts for small business. (Mar 2000)

So what does he stand for? In his own words;

Embryonic stem cell programs not constitionally authorized. (May 2007)

No federal funding of abortion, and pro-life. (Dec 2000)

Government out of regulating economy & out of our bedrooms. (Jan 2007)

Supports Balanced Budget Amendment & on-budget accounting. (Dec 2000)

Opposes the death penalty. (Jan 2007)

Legalize industrial hemp. (Jan 2007)

War on Drugs has abused Bill of Rights . (Dec 2000)

Legalize medical marijuana. (Jul 2001)

Abolish the federal Department of Education. (Dec 2000)

Repeal the gas tax. (May 2001)

Non-intervention is traditional American & Republican policy. (May 2007)

Foreign aid often more harmful than helpful . (Dec 2000)

Ban foreign aid to oil-producers who restrict production. (May 2001)

No restrictions on import/export; but maintain sovereignty . (Dec 2000)

End economic protectionism: let dairy compacts expire . (Aug 2001)

Close departments of Energy, Education & Homeland Security. (May 2007)

Limit federal power, per the 10th Amendment. (Dec 2000)

Unlimited campaign contributions; with full disclosure. (Dec 2000)

Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms. (Nov 1996)

Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. (Nov 1996)

Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)

Abolish federal Medicare entitlement; leave it to states. (Dec 2000)

DHS is unmanageable bureaucracy--eliminate it. (May 2007)

Military aggressiveness weakens our national defense. (May 2007)

Be cautious about warrantless searches & habeas corpus. (May 2007)

Criticizes use of war on terror to curtail civil liberties. (Jan 2007)

Opposes Patriot Act & Iraq War. (Jan 2007)

End draft registration; all-volunteer forces . (Dec 2000)

Federal duty to provide missile defense . (Dec 2000)

Keep rule barring immigrants from running for president. (May 2007)

Immediately work to phase out the IRS. (May 2007)

Get rid of the inflation tax with sound money. (May 2007)

Campaign slogan in 2004: The Taxpayers' Best Friend. (Jan 2007)

We're more threatened now by staying in Iraq. (Jun 2007)

We should have declared war in Iraq, or not gone in at all. (May 2007)

Ronald Reagan had the courage to pull our troops out of Lebanon. (May 2007)

Intervention abroad incites hatred & attacks like 9/11. (May 2007)

When we go to war carelessly, the wars don't end. (May 2007)

Voted against war because Iraq was not a national threat. (May 2007)

Opposes Iraq war and opposes path toward Iran war. (Jan 2007)

Abolish federal welfare; leave it all to states. (Dec 2000)

Rated 89% by NTU, indicating a "Taxpayer's Friend" on tax votes. (Dec 2003)

Rated 100% by FAIR, indicating a voting record restricting immigration. (Dec 2003)

Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

Rated 76% by CATO, indicating a pro-free trade voting record. (Dec 2002)

Rated 76% by the Christian Coalition: a pro-family voting record. (Dec 2003)

Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)

17. Minuteman

So RD, thank you for the impetus to research Dr. Paul further. I don't agree with every stance he has. But I agree with him on more issues than any other of the candidates.

Keep on researching, an educated voter is America's best hope. But do so with an open mind,not seeking out only the negative. There is that on all sides of an issue if you search for it.

But one thing that cannot be denied is Dr. Pauls impeccable integrity. He is an honest politician and that is something we have needed in this country for a long, long, time.

And just for the record, if it matters, I am not a liberal, or a liberal-tarian. I am a long time registered Republican, ultra-conservative, pro-life, pro-gun, anti-illegal immigration, right wing, Christian Right, pro-military, pro-constitution, anti-bad out of control government, pro-freedom, and limited government interference in our lives voter!

18. Minuteman

Don't edit me bro!!!!!!!!!

19. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

The answer to Your Question is two No's. Now answer mine. Ric Douglas

20. ricdoug

ricdoug Monkey+++

I never thought, by Your writings, that You were Liberal. To Me, if Ron Paul was Honest, He'd be running as a Democrat or Libertarian to reflect His Voting Record. Ric Douglas

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7