Recipe Best Shrimp Pasta Dish I have Found

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Seacowboys, Sep 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Servings: 8

Prep Time: 10 min

Cook Time: 20 min

Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients Add to grocery list

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter

2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms

1/4 cup chopped onion

3 cloves garlic, minced

2 cups heavy whipping cream

1/2 cup white wine

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper,

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon pepper

2 1/2 pounds fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact

1 cup fresh spinach

1 (16-ounce) package penne pasta, cooked

1/2 cup shredded Italian blend cheese

Directions

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook until the mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cream, wine, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Mix in the shrimp, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.

In a large serving bowl, combine the shrimp mixture and hot cooked pasta, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with the cheese. Serve with crusty bread and a Chardonnay

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sounds delicious, I will put it in the list of things to cook soon- thanks!!

3. Seacowboys

Had it for dinner tonight and went back for thirds...LOL

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Here's mine

My favorite pasta and seafood - dip some fresh Roma tomatoes in boiling water, peel, chop into 1/4 or smaller. Saute a little onion and garlic in butter and olive oil, the tomatos and a leaf or two of fresh basil. Cook gently til tomatoes are cooked. ,add cooked angle hair pasta and cooked shrimp, marinated artichoke hearts and black olives, add a little more olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon for flavor. You can also add a couple handfuls of white beans (cannaloni) if you like for add'l texture. Throw a little parsley into the pot and serve with crusty bread and a side bowl of olive oil for dipping the bread. Voile! Instant Italian Mama

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

We had some Cantonese shrimp tonight for appetizers.

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I assess Italian restaurants by their shrimp scampi. Love the stuff. Cantonese is second best, still excellent chow.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. Seacowboys

I probably got more shrimps recipes than Bubba Gump but this one has set a new hall-mark.

8. If you melt a whole cup of butter and throw in some chopped green onions , mushrooms, and crushed garlic, and two pounds of peeled shrimps and pour over angel-hair pasta and some grated cheese and invite me to dinner, I'll bring a date!

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

add artichoke hearts and black olives and you're on - plus, go for the olive oil instead of butter. Pasta is made with olive oil so adding it to the pasta enhances the flavor

10. Yard Dart

So dinner at my house tomorrow night!!! You all are invited, moose is tasty!!

VisuTrac likes this.
  11. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Wow, you guys have got my mouth a'watering!! I read both recipes to my bride and she said she'll eat them if'n I cook them.
    OK, sounds like a date! I'm glad I've lost a few pounds as the butter and cream recipe is going to fight that loss.
    Thanks!
    GB

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. DKR
  5. DKR
  6. Ganado