best way to get rid of human waste immediately

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Jandebor93, Jan 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Lye could be an option.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

My MIL has Alzheimer's... Pitiful thing. Love her to pieces though. Would do anything to bring her mind back. As a MIL myself, I love my daughter in law Kayla. She is perfect for my son... And so supportive of his military career. My other daughter in law is keeping my son from his kids during a nasty divorce. I'd like to send a bag of crap to her.... Nice 3 day old crap that has been set in the sun to stew.

3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Flush the Toilet !!

Dang , who is training kids now ??

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

What alternate dimension are you from and why wasn't it accessible in this Universe when I got my Mother in Law?

Mountain mama likes this.
  5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Composting is as "immediate" as burying.
    https://humanurehandbook.com/downloads/H2.pdf

Or, you could just dump it in your neighbor's pool and blame the Russians.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Ganado, Motomom34, GhostX and 2 others like this.
  6. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

Meat and chelloveck like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Believe it or not the did throw any thing an every thing that was both putrid and infectious .

8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I was thinking the old Halloween trick on the front doorsteps.

mysterymet likes this.
  9. hammerdrop99

hammerdrop99 Monkey+++

Build a catapult and fling it over the neighbors fence.

10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I have to wonder at the motivations that prompted the OP's question. Some context in the OP, may have focused the practicality of replies by excluding the silly and outrageous. What constitutes immediately, and to what extent are relationships with neighbours and the community important in selecting some disposal options?

upload_2017-1-11_10-7-37.
    Vietnam – David Drake

I can see this going down well with a HOA. :ROFLMAO:

Yard Dart, Mountainman and Motomom34 like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

One thing that don't include in the war movies, is the stink due to people NOT properly dealing with human waste.
    Interesting to note,
    God instructed that Israelite soldiers were to have a shovel that fit on their spears to dig a hole for their waste.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I suspect that humans, by the use of observation and reasoning, worked out the correlation between human feces and disease, and the adverse affect that disease has on military campaigns: The human authors of Israelite sacred texts merely gave the credit to Yahweh.

13. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Dood, you are a freakin genius...can I can think of no better place to dispose of human waste than in the yards, pools, homes and offices of HOA officers! :D

ghrit, 3cyl and Homer Simpson like this.
  14. Other than sewage removal system or leach lines and tanks, there are few fast waste
    Burying is the best form of waste disposal which would ensure that water source is not polluted. Trench latrine seems to be a good option with large number of people. Provide for 'cat hole' dispersed. It should be 1 foot wide and 1 foot deep. using a poo tube, pot or bags. Some of them come with double bag system, others have a sealed base ans screw lid with 'O-ring' seal which contains smells, liquid and minimize spills. Shallow hole for human waste at the appropriate chosen place. While choosing toilets choose between low flush toilet or regular flow toilet The Differences Between Low Flow And Regular Flow Toilets | Brothers Plumbing Company . The former is said to consider water conservation laws.
    Other options include Cesspools, Latrine, Outhouse or Privy. When it comes to human "shite" don't mess with it rather get it buried. Chemical toilets are said to "decontaminate" the waste. Remember waste burial and latrines need to keep important rules: 60 to 70 adult steps from any encampment or water source. Your waste site should be away from and below any water source or drainage that leads to a water source.

15. shaman

shaman Monkey++

When we bought our place, the realtor asked if I had any other questions. I had not seen any mention of sewage disposal on the sheet. However the farm house had a flush toilet in it.

"Where do the poop go?" I asked

"If it's like other places around here," she replied, "There'll be a clay pipe out back that will empty into the field." Sure enough there was. The opening was only 10 yards from the back of the house, so one of the first things I did was attach 100 feet of corrugated drain pipe to the end of the poop pipe and lay it down the hill. That worked fine. We use rainwater flowing into a cistern for all our water needs except drinking water. When we flush, it runs down the hill and out into the field. Every few months, I move the end of the pipe. Wild flowers grow whereever I leave the pipe's end for any length of time.

This has created some interesting side-effects. For a while there, the dogs wanted to chase whatever was tumbling down the pipe, so we'd be out enjoying our Happy Hour and someone would go inside to use the commode. The next thing you know, there'd be all kinds of hell breaking loose as the dogs ran down the hill chasing the flush. The neighbor kids became enamoured of the process, and they'd come over and take turns flushing the toilet and running down the hill. In the winter, we'd be out back after dark, and the flushing would cause the dogs to bark, and this would send off all the dogs in our end of the county and the coyotes as well. You could create an instant symphony just by flushing the toilet.

I came back a few years ago from our Winter Hiatus and found the original clay pipes had gotten clogged. I knew there was a problem back during Deer Season, because there was a rushing sound coming from a hole near the back sidewalk. In March, there was water gushing out. We spent our weekends in March digging up the old clay and installing a new PVC poop pipe.

I gotta run now, but I'll try and post more later.

I'm back. Here's the story and pics from the event:

Return to Camp 2013 (The Poop Pipe and More)

My suggestion for fast disposal is burial. Dig a hole, throw it in and cover it up. If you're going to be bivouacked, I'd suggest a slit trench well away from the campsite and just keep moving as things fill up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2017
  1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Asia-Off-Grid
  4. Thunder5Ranch
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. Legion489
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. BlackhawkFan
  10. avagdu
  11. T. Riley