Between tai chi meals

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Hanzo, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Today's lunch in between classes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433898891.462885.

Delicious, but the cook went nuts on the heat today. Was so spicy, I couldn't eat it all. And I heard folks on other tables complaining about the heat. I ordered that noodle dish before and while it was spicy, I could eat it.

Had to get something with dairy to cut the heat. So ordered Thai tea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433899032.400573.

And something sweet. You know yin & yang.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433899063.854156.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[drooling] [drooling] [drooling] [drooling] [drooling]

Hanzo likes this.
  3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Slurp

Hanzo likes this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

This cutie pie joined us.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433986397.170462.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433986406.519447.

Yard Dart, Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I have a sword just like that around here, someplace. Very light.

Hanzo likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

It is just about right at about 1 1/2 pounds.

7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Dance blade, if I remember correctly, aluminum blade. I think I reused the hilt on a steel practice blade.

Hanzo likes this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Yours may be different from mine then. Mine is forged spring steel.

kellory likes this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Hot afternoon again. My thighs are feeling the last two days of tai chi and chi kung.

Not a meal, but this plantation tea really hit the spot. It is probably the best I have had.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434509707.383589.

Dunerunner and Ganado like this.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Only had a nectarine for lunch today, so was getting hungry during my tai chi class.

We had a lot of birds join us today! When I arrived, was greeted by these two finches.

I thing the same two finches joined us at our class 300-400 feet away from the original tree. And a bunch of other birds too. Cardinals, mynah, and even a flock of egret looking birds.

The amazing thing, to me, is they stayed with us for our entire two hour class. The finches in particular. They made a full circle around our tree shade, finished where they started just as we finished class. Very cool. I think they were the teachers today.

With about a half an hour before class was done, I get a text from the big monkey. They are getting iced bubble tea. It was really hot today. So of course, I asked them to pick me up one.

By the time I got home, I was starving. But, priorities... I had dessert before lunch. Coffee jelly with milk.

My iced milk tea with tapioca bubbles.

And then a quick lunch. Mrs. Hanzo didn't have lunch either. So I made a tuna rice bowl. Spicy tuna and wasabi tuna on a shoyu yin & yang symbol jasmine rice. Was good. Needed more heat though.

Dunerunner likes this.
  12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Yesterday's tai chi tree. Rainbow showers.

My neighbor gave us a box of mochi. Guess he liked the 4th of July food that we shared.

It was more than my family could eat, so we shared it with my afternoon tai chi class. Good lessons today. And hot. Was very happy for the breeze! After getting home, I was quite sweaty, so made some iced milk tea. The little monkey and I each had a tall glass to cool off. I had mine on my usual favorite afternoon spot... in the shade on the front porch.

Dunerunner likes this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

After my morning classes, I ran some errands and went to an old stand by for lunch. Yeah, it's sushi. Went light today. Just order some hamachi sashimi.

[​IMG]

But my buddy, the chef, gave me some extra. In this case, it was fried salmon bone. With lots of meat on it.

[​IMG]

I split after that since I was full. If I stuck around longer, I would probably have ended up with more goodies to eat. The chefs are nice like that. Just tip them well and you'll always leave full.

14. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Light breakfast before heading out. Salami, cheese, toasted tortilla and coffee.

[​IMG]

15. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Heavy breakfast today. Wifee made her usual eggs on veggies zapped up with curry. And she brought me a pan de coco to go with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after my first class, one of the students gave me some goodies... fresh lime and macadamia nuts FBI.

[​IMG]

So when life gives you limes... sparkling lime water. Healthy, delicious and soooo refreshing on a hot day.

[​IMG]

Limes posing with da coconut. Just because limes are silly like that. Will crack that bad boy open after the two hour class coming up shortly. For now, just chilling.

[​IMG]

My big lunch. Pastel and pastel stew on gandule rice with bacalao salad.

[​IMG]

(FBI: from the Big Island)

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Brought the monkeys with me. Of all the kids, mine are in the trees. One of my students told me my monkey fell out of the higher branches. So when she came over to get water, I asked her if she was ok. She said she was playing with her sister and wanted to get out of the tree fast, so she jumped. She was fine. No fear, but gotta learn more discretion. Those outer branches are high. Taller in feet than her age in years.

[​IMG]

But it was soooo much cooler in the shade with the breeze. But I was still totally drenched in sweat.

[​IMG]

Afterwards, monkeys hung out with me while I got some work done. Then we went to get Mrs. Hanzo.

[​IMG]

MY Mommy! Tug-o-war...

[​IMG]

Light dinner... clams Florentina and a spinach salad with seafood. Perfect!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I saw this five year old picture. Brought back fond memories.

[​IMG]

Yard Dart, Ganado and kellory like this.
  17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That area seems familiar.... is it in Honolulu near Diamond Head? Looks like that park on the edge of east or maybe south Waikiki.....

Hanzo likes this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Way off this time, @Yard Dart. That is in Pearl City, aka, my back yard...literally and figuratively.

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

Well you date a tree for a while and you think you know her forever..... ;)

I used to go to a great little mexican restaurant in Pearl....ahh I miss HI.....!!!!!!!!

Hanzo likes this.
  20. Yard Dart

Those trees do like the ones down on the edge of Waikiki.... do you know the area I am thinking?

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7