Beware - Grandmother Bragging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Oct 18, 2008.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Well, I just got home and had to share this with my pals.

I never miss my grandson's little league games but today's game was the best of the fall-ball season.

My guy had two doubles, three triples, two homeruns, then, in the 9th inning, bases loaded, he hits a grand slam. Perfect hit over the fence

After he rounds the bases and crosses home, the umpire revokes it and one other runs because the runner before him didn't touch home plate. He send my grandson back to 3rd, and disallows the run by the player who missed the plate.

The coaches are trying to get a ruling from the state little league group because, according to the coaches, the ump didn't have the right to make that call unless the other team made the objection.

I don't know but we should hear in a day or so.

Nonetheless, my guy had a grand slam and regardless of the call, it was a great moment.

2. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Excellent

I can say those are the best moments.

give him a high five from the the SM gang

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What a fantastic feeling, RH!

You have a lot to brag about! Tell him Congratulations!! :)

[clp]

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

It sounds like a great day was had by both of you!

Congratulations to him, and to you for having such a talented sportsman in the family! I bet your prideful smile goes almost ear to ear! :D.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

May such successes follow him all the way up. (When he gets drafted by the Red Socks, we'll all expect tickets home game tickets.)

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That's his dream - and you know he's glued to the TV tonight. Now, if we could only get his academics to equal his phenomenal ball playing, life would be great!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7