Beyond silencers, destructive devices

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Dec 31, 2019.

?
  1. Say yes to DD

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Say no to DD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Yes, the serial number started with SBR so I thought it was perfect for a Form 1 SBR.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

YES! A M-16 rifle with a M-203 grenade launcher! That was my idea of a badass weapons system when I was in ROTC many years ago...that and a few Claymores.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

There I got one, just the bare receiver. I will start putting a form 1 together.
    They are available, price hasn't gone up.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I bought a M203 technical manual so I don't miss anything. Make sure that I put it on correctly and what not.

5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Got an LMT style mounting kit. Cult, OG style or LMT I don't think it matters.
    I was able to get the LMT kit for $200 out the door. For old style you would have to buy all the bits individually, $200+ for the barrel clip, or clamp by its self (LMT, cult, Olympic, ect, ect all appear to be the same) , $35 for the old style bbl bushing, $20 for screws, not including shipping on all that.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The wait time on form 4 transfers keep going up like 330 days now but it looks like form 1 wait times keep going down, 32 now.
    So going to do a form 1 for a 9mm silencer/solvent trap.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Form 1 is to build one, right?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Yeah form 1 is to create an NFA item.
    The form 4 is the normal transfer ownership of one that already exists to a tax paying entity, such as an individual, trust or corporation.
    Form 2, 3, 5, ect doesn't apply to us normally.

I bought a solvent trap from quietbore.
    It's not the cheapest solvent trap but it looks like one of the better ones. For a dumb simple 9mm can with no moving parts that's serviceable, aka take-a-partable for cleaning to use on a blow back carbine and get it engraved for $300, in less than 2 months is a pretty good deal.
    The cheapest serviceable, no moving parts commercial 9mm can starts over $400 and it comes with a 10 month wait.

The form 4 division of NFA is buried. They do something like 700,000 private silencer transfers per year alone.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Got my 203 tax stamp back.
    Took from around may 25 to October 2, on a snail mailed form 1.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The M203 is a god damn money pit but it's so fun it should be illegal.
    It's puts a big dent in a 55 gallon drum, it would definitely be a bad day to get hit with one.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, just ask @Mortimer Moose...

Gator 45/70, VisuTrac and Tully Mars like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Weird observation on gunbroker.
    There's hardly any 105mm, 30mm, 20mm shell casings for sale. I found a bunch at the scrap yard and bought them because I thought they were cool. Several years ago I looked into selling them but didn't think I could profit enough to make it worth my time. There was just way to much on there and prices were all over the place. High stuff didn't sell, the lowest prices were moving but giving it away.
    I guess people buy them to reload?

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7