big and tall sleeping bags

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Turtle, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I'd like to find a sleeping bag with a funnel and drain hose, so I wouldn't have to get up in the middle of the freezing night to get rid of those last few brews.

2. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

I keep an el cheapo aluminum bottle close by at night. The lid is water tight and the large opening helps prevent drips--lol. That getting up at night is "for the birds". Tip, Wrap a bit of duct tape around it to make sure you do not mistake it for the potable stuff--lol.

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, wouldn't that just PI$$ you off - LOL.

Actually, on one trip (shed on the property so I don't have to mess with a tent) I stopped by an auto parts store. There I picked up about 12 feet of 5/8in heater hose, a couple of clamps, and a small transmission funnel (yeah I'll admit it, a small funnel is plenty for me at this age. Wouldn't have worked 25 years ago.) Drilled a hole in the floor of my shed, ran the hose out and tied the funnel to the side of a rack of shelves at the correct height. At least that way I didn't have to go outside and listen to the twins clatter. Still have to get up though.

That cath is looking better. Knowing my luck though I'd roll over on a full bag in the middle of the night and split it wide open.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7