Big Bore Blow guns

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Powder_burns, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Powder_burns

Powder_burns Monkey

I bought a couple of these to play around with. The power and inherent accuracy was impressive. Has anyone had any experience harvasting game with a blowgun?

2. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

They suck on Armadillos. Haha. Great on rats.

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

While in the RoK at a small US det (Teagu) we used sections of glass lined conduit to make blowguns.
    Some of the rats there were monsters. They died pretty quick with a dart in their gut. Before I left, the Rockie unit next door had joined in the fun and games.

We would hang the deaders on the fence to compare size....

4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Yum. Rats.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

The cold steel blow gun is the best and you can make your own darts that are bad ass too Tim Wells take a lot of big game with his I used mine for a long time to hunt and fish with

Powder_burns and Sgt Nambu like this.
  6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Bearing witness here to the size and ferocity of ROK rats! Jeeze Louise!!!

I was asleep, zipped tight in a mummy bag, top bunk, in a reinforced concrete bunker, on the MDL in Korea.
    I heard him coming, the bunk bed creaked and shook, then the little betard ran across my bared face!
    SON OF A..........GUN, that's it gun!!! I jerked upright, involuntarily, and tried to lift about four tons of concrete and rebar with my forehead! Still hatin' those things after 48 years! :mad:

Yard Dart and sec_monkey like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

[​IMG]
    since forever ago. I hate eff'n rats.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7