Biggest Market Crash predicted for 2016

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Ganado, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

arleigh and Oltymer like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. Whenever I see "motivational speaker" and "activist" as part of a resume, I go to full alert on any advice offered or forecasts made..

Brokor likes this.
  3. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

This guy is just one of many who are predicting a massive market crash. The big money boys have prepared their investments for the shock of the crash, then when the market nears bottom they will buy it up for pennies on the dollar. Same old same old as the sheep get their cyclic shearing.

3M-TA3 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think it will happen, I just wonder the effect. when we got Obama allegedly it was bad. I knew it was but it really did not change much of how I lived. Things basically stayed the same. Since I have cemented myself in the work place, the owner told me, I would be one of the last three standing.

I think because we do not have a truthful media it is really hard to get a true reading on how thing truly are. I keep hearing of multi-generational households. Catchy label but what it really means is families are living together to keep their heads above water. When people combine resources, it is hard to truly gauge the true median income per household.

5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

They have been predicting a big market crash every year since 2011 (at least). Sooner or later we'll have one, no doubt, but trying to predict it is like any other fortune-telling exercise...even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut. These guys underestimate the lengths the central banks and their government stooges will go to keep the facade propped up.

mysterymet, Motomom34 and ditch witch like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I listen to him on the radio every once in a while and on the whole, his advice is good. Won't say spot on or anything but in a lot of ways it's common sense. He can be a pompous windbag from time to time though and when he gets on his high horse about one thing or another I change the channel. He's on either Saturday or Sunday when I'm going to or from the Whitewater Center for the day.

As for a crash, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Tully Mars and Ganado like this.
  7. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

So the title is sensationalist and much of the info is good. Just my opinion but you have to actually listen to it to pick out the interesting parts.

Look at what he says about China and then look at IMF'S SDR's

Brokor likes this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Of all the SHTF scenarios (EMT strike, Nuclear fire, Zombie invasion...) this is the most likely: economic collapse. In fact, it not 'likely' - it is only 'when' it will happen if things don't change soon and even then it's extremely doubtful. As such, it scares the hell out of me, big time. This is America's soft spot, its Achilles heel and all our enemies and allies know this. BTW the Bank of Scotland came out and said the same thing recently.

I got out of stocks a long time back, went to cash, when it came to light the game was definitely rigged but still hold only one good one (Intel) and a few losers but a good majority is in cash. But, cash won't help because it won't be worth the paper it is printed on. I think it is this helplessness, this lack of control, that increases my anxiety. Gold, land or art...yeah, right, like one can run right out and pick this stuff up like a bag of chips. So, we're screwed, totally.

"what it really means is families are living together to keep their heads above water."
    This is what is done in most undeveloped and/or poorer countries and we honestly should not be shocked that it is happening here considering the costs to live and taxes. BTW it's happening in Europe also now also to include Russian and East Europe...all of Eurasia.

EDIT: One idea I have been playing with to preserve wealth is buying a lot of Russian rubles now. The exchange rate is 64 to 1 dollar right now. This is like a very, VERY poor undeveloped country's rate. Russia is hurting due to oil prices but has a ton of wealth in natural resources. With the market cash and the dollar collapse the ruble could very easily rise. I also think that no matter who gets in as USA president the restrictions/sanctions against Russia will drop which will cause a rise of the ruble overnight.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    Oltymer and Ganado like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Unless you are delusional, it's apparent this is all a question of "when", not "if" the economy collapses.
    The system was designed to enrich the few by stealing from the many. It's all a scam, and it will come crashing down.
    Unless the warning comes from the Vatican, the Queen, or a Rockefeller, I pay it little mind and try to focus on the ripples.
    Slight of hand, illusion, deception --these are tools for those who wield magic.

10. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

11. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Warren Buffet has dumped the dollar as in investment. He put his money into safe stuff like trains and other things people will have to use or buy in an economic down turn. He is my barometer.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I hate to be pessimistic about there not being a huge financial collapse but there is always some one saying this year will be the biggest financial collapse every single year for as long as I can remember.
    And every October and November it looks like they are going to be right because there is almost always a down turn at the end of the year.

Merks, nathan and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I have heard this time and again but I cannot confirm. Where did you hear this? Trains, huh? Interesting...might be undervalued (I dunno) but definitely cheaper to run than airlines.

14. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

You have to have stock in buffets company to get the annual report. he has never played the stock market he buys shares in companies with real assets.

Trains have huge assets

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

They are also tightly regulated by the ICC (and we'll ignore the ever tightening emissions requirements for now.) Unions used to have a choke hold on them as well. Dunno if that is still true. All the same, there's some potential

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If the Stock Market crashes.... Oh well... And all those Folks that have their 401Ks in Stocks lose their shirts... To Bad, So Sad... I just liquidated 50% of my 401K and bought a replacement for our DEAD Red Toyota 4X4 Extended Cab Pickup Truck.... Much better to have that, than a bunch of 1s & 0s in a Computer Database, in the basement of a Wall-street Outfit. My OLD Man (an Old School Banker) taught ALL his children, " You NEVER Invest (Speculate) with money you can't afford to lose." And "Credit Cards were invented to fleece the Rubes, who can't discipline themselves, to live within their Means."

Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and Yard Dart like this.
  17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Playing the stocks with credit was one of the major factors in the 1928 stock market crash.

Dont likes this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

^^^^ This. This is what we all do, underestimating. That longer they draw out the game, the weaker we become. The world is weaker then it was 10 years ago. They will pull the plug when they feel they have the greatest chance of success over the people.

Ganado likes this.
  19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Porter Stansberry: I've uncovered a shocking secret about Warren Buffett

Here is some the text from that article.

You’re free to draw your own conclusions. But… what I can see is that Buffett is moving large amounts of his assets into extremely safe equities and operating companies. Buffett has been buying electric utilities, railroads, and the biggest banks. These companies don’t match his preference for capital-efficient businesses, nor can they give Berkshire an S&P-beating performance over the long term. But…

They will survive even a decade-long global crisis. Seeking safety at all cost, Buffett even spent $10 billion on IBM, a fortress-like tech stock. Meanwhile, Buffett is doing everything he can to get out of the U.S. dollar, selling nearly all of his U.S. bonds.

The world’s greatest investor looks like he’s “battening down the hatches.” Don’t say you haven’t been warned…

Porter Stansberry: These charts say the “End of America” cannot be stopped

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2016
    Ganado likes this.
  20. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

We have zero investments to lose at this point. zero from zero is zero. In contrast I just turned one 3500 dollar investment into 18 thousand in 14 months. This same 3500 investment is good for 8 more years of about the same return. Investing in a solid asset long term like Buffet does. No digital money all cash. No paper trail no bank trail.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7