Biggest Market Crash predicted for 2016

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Ganado, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

For Buffet it is trains and the electric companies , solid assets that will prosper no matter what happens.

Ganado likes this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

It's an easy prediction to make. In the last 10 years there has been a downturn in the market each September, and the big correction in Sept. 2008 made it a yearly fear point for at-risk investments. Watch for a sharp downturn after Labor day and a slow rise back to the norm by the first of the year. The only two scary points this year seem to be the election and low oil prices.

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I am so surprised to see alot of 'normalcy bias' from site members. There are a number of difference this year. There are dissertation written on this site. The crash won't be obvious. ..just keep watching your grocery and among prices. The value of the dollar is undergoing major devaluation this year.

The baby boom is retiring and starting to withdraw from there 401k's we are about to hit the peak of withdrawal.

Just a couple of indicators.

We aren't going to have a major upheaval but it's about to get expensive to make ends meet

nathan likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Word on the street is tire warehouses are filling up with inventory.
    People juse are not buying up winter snow and ice tires like usual for this time of year.
    I did my part I bought a set about 2 weeks ago.

One of the early signs of economic downturn is warehouse inventory filling up, from stuff just not selling.

5. john316

john316 Monkey+++

price of copper wire and steel pipe is down

6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Several stores are closing around here that were actually good functioning businesses.

7. Merks

Merks Neophyte Monkey

What this comes down to is investing philosophy, who got out at 2008 is crying and who stayed is laughing all the way to the bank. You need to invest in both a doomsday scenario and in a Pollyanna one. Diversification should not only be in assets but also in philosophies.

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'm perfectly happy to have never gotten in and thus never having to get out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7