Bill eliminating ATF introduced in wake of botched operations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Sep 17, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

The ATF is such an out of control disaster you would think that both R's & D's should be able to agree on eliminating it but then again Congress is an out of control disaster in it's own right..

Dissolve the ATF? | TheHill
    A bill that would eliminate the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and fold its duties into the FBI and other agencies was introduced in Congress Wednesday.

The bill, by U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.), would impose an immediate hiring freeze at the ATF and require a plan be submitted within six months on how to move its activities to other agencies.

The bill calls for eliminating the agency a year after the bill's final passage, moving its functions into the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and Treasury Department.

In a statement, Sensenbrenner called ATF "a duplicative, scandal ridden agency that lacks a clear mission."

"We can do the same job more efficiently for less," he said. "At a time when we are approaching $18 trillion in debt, we need to demand accountability within our federal agencies and to take a closer look at cutting waste and redundancy."

Added, this is a DEA agent but it could just as well be an ATF fool.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Absolutely. More of this, please.

And don't stop with the BATFE.

Mountainman, stg58, ghrit and 2 others like this.
  3. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

But, ...but, ... The gubbermint will be blamed for loosing jobs ! foosed

Danged if they do, risking rebellion if they don't. [OO]

Decisions, decisions. [tongue]

4. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I can't help but think this is an election year stunt. I would be for getting rid of ATF, except all they're doing is being dissolved into other agencies. As I see it, the incompetence won't change, not with the same old yahoos in charge.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7