Birthday Saturday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Today is my grandson's 13th birthday. I started a tradition some years ago where we go out on their birthday and pick out their birthday present and have lunch. We went to Cabela's a got him his first really good fly rod and a book on tying flies. I also got him a new tackle box since his last one was stolen last summer. We still have to populate the box but that's a trip to WalMart, not Cabela's. We had a great time and are both anxious for our first fly fishing trip of the season. He can wear my dad's waders for this year and I got him a vest last Christmas so we're good to go. Salmon River, here we come.

2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

What a wonderful tradition, RH!

He's very lucky to have a grandmother with so many valuable skills. And you are just as lucky to have a grandson who is willing to learn from you.

I hope that you each have many more years of learning opportunities together.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I'm the lucky one Tracy. I dearly love all my grandchildren but my grandson is the only person close to me who enjoys fishing, camping, shooting, and now archery. My time with the girls is more "girly" which reminds me that I am indeed a woman. The balance is nice.

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

You sir are a lucky man .
    I spent this last weekend with two of my grandsons who are at that age almost ,we did some shooting and run the dog some we even went to Cabela's and they had spending money on more 22 ammo .
    There nothing on this earth that compares to spending time with your grandkids ,I think next weekend I'll two of the granddaughters shooting !!

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Cephus, Righthand is actually a lady, a very attractive one at that.

RH, glad to hear that you have traditions with your grandkids. On my birthday every year my grandfather would always give me all of the change he had in his pocket, which of course he always stocked well in advance. He gave me my first pellet gun, and taught me to skip my first rock. I know you are passing very useful and valuable information along to him, things he will pass to future generations, and things that ultimately could save his life, or the lives of future generations. My hat's off to ya. Wish you could have been with us Saturday, you would have fit right in like family.

6. Cephus

Sorry about that ,my mistake and nothing meant by it !!!

7. RightHand

I wish I could have been at the BBQ last Saturday to help you celebrate. I would have brought my birthday buddy who would have had the time of his life. He shares baseball with his dad but the other sports with me.

8. RightHand

Don't worry Cephus - it's a common mistake. ummmm - it must be the beard. LOL

9. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

[LMAO] RH, you crack me up!

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Spew!!

Cephus, E.L. is right, she's a real lady and incredibly tolerant of us crudies. A GOOD thing --

11. Cephus

Thank you all ,and I couldn't see the beard from here !! LOL

12. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What Tracy Said! :lol:

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7