Bitcoin Exchange First Meta CEO DEAD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silversnake, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

2. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

Yeah.. Suicide.. Riiigght...

Read my lips, I did not have sexual relations with that woman, you can keep your insurance, period..

Just another in a long list of lies.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It is a bad/scary time to be in the finance industry. How many dead now? 9? 10?

4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I want to say I saw an article (may have been posted in the shoutbox) that put it over 15 (possibly 20) depending on how far back you go. Yeah, I know, if we go all the way back to the early 1900s that's cheating but I think it only went back 18 months or so.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

funny, I thought BitCoin was anti-banking, anti-finance.
    As for a suicide of a exchange CEO, I would have put my money on the guy from empty gox.

I mostly see this as a tragic death of a youngster. And probably not the same reasons as the banksters jumping from the roof tops.

No crystal ball but my guess would be that it's probably an OD. And those around her probably bailed as there is the death penalty for drug possession/trafficking in Singapore. Threshold values for the mandatory death sentence are low, and if you are found at or leaving a place that drugs are found, you can be subject to caning and long term imprisonment.

She probably should have picked her friends better IMHO.

stg58, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  6. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Gets better and better all the time.
    Once again these are my "bitcoins"

[​IMG]

Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
    [​IMG]

Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase| Reuters
    (Reuters) - A Japanese American man thought to be the reclusive multi-millionaire father of Bitcoin emerged from a modest Southern California home and denied involvement with the digital currency before leading reporters on a freeway car chase to the local headquarters of the Associated Press.

Satoshi Nakamoto, a name known to legions of bitcoin traders, practitioners and boosters around the world, appeared to lose his anonymity on Thursday after Newsweek published a story that said he lived in Temple City, California, just east of Los Angeles.

Newsweek included a photograph and a described a short interview, in which Nakamoto said he was no longer associated with Bitcoin and that it had been turned over to other people. The magazine concluded that the man was the same Nakamoto who founded Bitcoin.

Dozens of reporters, including a sprinkling of Japanese media, encircled and camped outside the man's two-story house on Thursday morning, accosting the mailman and repeatedly ringing the doorbell, to no avail. Police cruisers drove by several times but did not stop.

Several times, someone pulled back the drapes on an upstairs window.

In the afternoon, the silver-haired, bespectacled Nakamoto stepped outside, dressed in gray sport coat and green striped shirt, with a pen tucked in his shirt pocket. He was mobbed by reporters and told them he was looking for someone who understood Japanese to buy him a free lunch.

Newsweek estimates his wealth at $400 million.

"I'm not involved in Bitcoin. Wait a minute, I want my free lunch first. I'm going with this guy," Nakamoto said, pointing at a reporter from AP.

"I'm not in Bitcoin, I don't know anything about it," the man said again while walking down the street with several cameras at his heels.

7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

And some idiot is going to kidnap him for a bitcoin ransom.
    If it's not him, gonna suck.
    if it is him, gonna suck.

Personally, i'm going with , not him.

stg58 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7