Bizzare.... I can't believe this Story..... What is the DA thinking.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTPost, Aug 9, 2013.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

ALIQUIPPA (KDKA) – Police say a Beaver County woman may have thwarted a robbery, by running over a suspect with her car.
    It happened in the 2100 block of McMinn Street in Aliquippa.
    Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun.
    She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.
    Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.
    White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
    Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.
    They say White was carrying an airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun, and the orange tip had been taken off.
    The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Pre-crime trumps actual crime. Swell.

3. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

That's called proactive. I'd offer to clean the gore off her car as a thanks.

4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I don't know what to think about this. She is being heralded as a hero but what if he was just bringing it over to a neighbors? Example- if I was carrying my pellet gun to my neighbors, do I need to fear being run down? What about people who carry legally? This puts them at risk of a pro-active do-gooder. I do appreciate her being concerned for the children's safety but shoot! I would like to see a picture of the guy that was run over, I wonder if his looks factored into her running him over.

CaboWabo5150 and JABECmfg like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Where's Sharpton and Jackson? This was clearly profiling. Was he carrying a bag of skittles too?

Tracy likes this.
  7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

At first I was indignant that they weren't charging her and thought she had just run the guy down because she thought he might be going to do something. But after reading the last link it is a whole different story. She called 911 when she first saw him. She followed him and when he was approaching a couple of teenagers she rolled down her window and shouted at him to leave them alone. At which time he pointed the "gun" at her and threatened her. That's when she ran him down.
    That's a lot different scenario. No harm no foul. Good job. She was justified in her actions.

8. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

From my somewhat limited experience with firearms, the folks who enjoy the NFA stuff tend to carry them in some sort of a case.

Play stoopid games, win stoopid prizes. [tongue]

Motomom34 and tulianr like this.
  9. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Darwin Award wannabe. He points a gun at her, and she uses the only weapon she has to stop an attack, the car. Good job.

tulianr likes this.
  10. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Good for her. Excessive force would have been her backing up and running over him a few more times. Note to thugs: you point a gun at someone in a car, expect to be hit.

Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

It is amazing how some papers leave out important details. I thought at first this woman was a loon and should be locked up but he was the aggressor and she protected herself.

12. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

All this will leed to is calls for car control.

Motomom34 and BTPost like this.
  13. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

That bit of info makes all the difference in the world.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7