Black Berkey Filter Elements - Flow Problem?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by melbo, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Wendell

Wendell Monkey+

I did the red food coloring test and my filters were leaking. After a long run around with Ready Made Resources, who did everything they could to get out of helping me, I was told Berkey would send me some replacement filters.

After waiting a couple months and receiving nothing I called Ready Made Resources again. They told me they were not going to call Berkey again because "they were too busy".

I won't be using either company again. Buyer beware.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Contact The Berkey Guy here, I bet he can help you sort this out. I only had one instance of a filter problem (leaking around the base) and it was made right immediatly. I did find that my 'slow' problem was the water I was on... Just took a cleaning every 2 months and now that I'm using different water, I only clean every 6 months.

3. theberkeyguy

theberkeyguy Monkey+

I am amazed that things went like that, please email me at directive21@directive21.com and I will email you the RMA form that is needed in order to do a replacement. You will need your receipt from RMR, be sure to have that in hand when calling New Millenium at 888-803-4438

theberkeyguy

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

@theberkeyguy:

Nice! Thanks

5. Wendell

Wendell Monkey+

Thanks for the replies... I've contacted Berkeyguy and we'll see what happens.

6. strunk

strunk Monkey+

Yes, but the chloramine won't.

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7