Black Fighter

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I took this fighter and coated it in Brownell's Parkerizing Gray Alumahyde - came out almost black and looks sweet! Has Black G10 handles that are sandblasted!

Fighter
    6" Blade, 12" overall
    3/16" 154CM, HT by Bos
    1/4" SS pins

[​IMG]

[boozingbuddies]

2. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Beautiful, Don!

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

WOW, that is on beautiful knife!!

4. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

So Valk if I send back my knife, could I get it redone to look like this sexy thing?

5. Valkman

No, I have to coat it before the handles go on. But nice try though! :)

This one just sold - I'll have to make more of these!

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Any word from the scabbard maker yet?

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Ok. This is as bad as buying electronics!! I just get my fighter and love it, then you come out with the new and improved model!!!!!

Put me down for one Don. I love the black coating and the blood groove is probably the only way you could have improved on it.

Any info on how well the coating holds up? I want one with Kydex sheath and sharpened top edge.

8. Valkman

SC, all I know is he is working on 9 more besides the 5 he did. Man I'm hoping the ones for Monkeys are next.

MM, will do. I don't really know how the coating will hold up but I can always re-do it!

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I cant get the pics to upload to my computer but I know at least the finish on mine has been holding up surprisingly well. Ive used...make that abused it in all sorts of ways (oh and Valkman, I still dont know about useing it on military equiptment but it works with a hammer as a chisel to remove stuborn parts from a forklift) and I still only have a few scuffs in the edges of the finish on mine and very minor nicks in the sharpened section of the spine mostly from stabbing through metal buckets and such then twisting to make vents while burning stuff in them.

Torture testing can be fun and impressive.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7