Black Oxide for outdoors tool...worth it?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Castiel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

I have a wingman for everyday carry and decided to get a specific tool.for outdoors. I details used on the surge and am wondering if I should get the black version. I've heard it protects from corrosion a bit. Is this true? And is there a special way to care for the tool? And will it eventually come off/scratch easier? Is it worth it in your opinions?
    <!-- / message -->
    <SCRIPT src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js" async="true"></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=XdComm name=XdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always">

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT> window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({ appId : '116434438429786', status : true, // check login status cookie : true, // enable cookies to allow the server to access the session xfbml : true // parse XFBML }); }; (function() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.src = document.location.protocol + '//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'; e.async = true; document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e); }());</SCRIPT>​

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I've got a black Leatherman Super Tool 300... dying to replace it with a regular stainless steel version. Too hard to find the black one when you drop it outdoors. The finish on mine has held up great but I don't think it's really needed as all my multitools get a liberal coating of mineral oil anyways.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7