1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Black Oxide for outdoors tool...worth it?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Castiel, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Castiel

Castiel Monkey+

I have a wingman for everyday carry and decided to get a specific tool.for outdoors. I details used on the surge and am wondering if I should get the black version. I've heard it protects from corrosion a bit. Is this true? And is there a special way to care for the tool? And will it eventually come off/scratch easier? Is it worth it in your opinions?
    <!-- / message -->
    <SCRIPT src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js" async="true"></SCRIPT><OBJECT id=XdComm name=XdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always">

<SCRIPT> window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({ appId : '116434438429786', status : true, // check login status cookie : true, // enable cookies to allow the server to access the session xfbml : true // parse XFBML }); }; (function() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.src = document.location.protocol + '//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'; e.async = true; document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e); }());</SCRIPT>​
  2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

I've got a black Leatherman Super Tool 300... dying to replace it with a regular stainless steel version. Too hard to find the black one when you drop it outdoors. The finish on mine has held up great but I don't think it's really needed as all my multitools get a liberal coating of mineral oil anyways.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary