Bloody machete attack at Nazareth Restaurant in Ohio; suspect is…

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Garand69, Feb 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Garand69

Garand69 Monkey++

Bloody machete attack at Nazareth Restaurant in Ohio; suspect is…

Well folks, here we go with the politically-correct reporting.

Last night, a man armed with a machete and a knife “randomly” ran into a Middle Eastern restaurant in Columbus, Ohio called Nazareth — owned by a Christian — and began lunging and attacking customers.

Fox 8 in Cleveland reports, Two men immediately ran out and called 911 while another engaged in a “physical altercation” with the suspect. Some patrons started throwing chairs.

An employee then “grabbed something from behind the register” and stopped the attack, according to Columbus police Sgt. Rich Weiner.

Witnesses were able to give authorities enough information about the suspect’s vehicle that another officer spotted it soon after, and a chase began.

Once authorities were able to get the suspect off the road, he tried to exit from the passenger side of the vehicle and an officer unsuccessfully tried to use a stun gun on him, Weiner said.

The suspect eventually made it out of the vehicle with a machete and another knife in hand. Then, “he lunged across the hood at the officers,” Weiner said. “Another officer in a cruiser fired a couple shots at him and put him down.”

Weiner saidThere was no rhyme or reason as to who he was going after. Right now there’s nothing that leads us to believe that this is anything but just a random attack,” Weiner said.

But of course, that’s not exactly the full story.

The suspect was seen 30 to 45 minutes earlier entering the restaurant and speaking with an employee. Police would not discuss details of that conversation.

That’s because he was asking where the owner was from (a Christian from Israel)

The terrorist left, came back at around 6 p.m. ET and then attacked a man and woman at a booth just inside the door, Weiner said.
    Four people were injured in the attack – none fatally, thank goodness.

And now the story comes out…

CBS News has learned

that investigators have identified the suspected attacker as Mohammad Barry. CBS News homeland security correspondent Jeff Pegues reports that investigators were running down leads to try to determine if the attack was somehow tied to terrorist organizations.
    Pegues reports
    the suspected attacker has a Somali background, and officials believe he may have traveled to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates in 2012. Pegues reports that law enforcement is concerned that this incident has the hallmarks of the type of so-called “lone wolf” terrorist attack that they have been working to stop.

But remember, there’s “no rhyme or reason” for the attack. Nothing to see here. Move on, and stop being so darn Islamophobic for goodness sake.

[Note: This article was written by Michele Hickford]

Allen B. West

2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I jsut heard he came in and asked the owner where he came from. The owner said Israel. The fuckstick came back and started hacking people.

Where's a CCW holder when you need one?

Aeason, 3M-TA3, Mountainman and 4 others like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

No one remembers the Luby's shooting in Killeen, Texas. If nothing else, that should have turned the tide on concealed carry and an individuals right to self defense, but; it didn't....

4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I do. Suzanna Hupp survived but loast her parents. She was the one who pushed for Concealed Carry in Texas. She left her pistol in her vehicle becasue it was illegal to carry in restaurant.

Suzanna Hupp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Right here, once the paperwork is turned in to the sheriff's office. I just passed the training, and need to buy the permit. Too many shootings, and attacks like this near me to do otherwise.

6. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I carry everyday. Walking with my wife, CostCo, Movies, Mtn Biking...... when I travel and my permit is allowed.

7. kellory

I open carried when I used to deliver pizzas. 6 attempted muggings before carrying, none after. Tips got better too.;)

8. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Well if we ask the leftists what happened (Obummer, Billary, Bernie, Biden, Soros, Bloomburg) they will tell you this just proves we need more gun control. OK, Biden would have added the legal gun owner would have to step outside and fire a couple shots in the air to scare the nutter off first. Think I'm kidding? When Bloomburg was the mayor of NYC he said after a knifing that it proved we need more gun control. Possibly the knife user felt in fear that he might get shot.

And yes I remember Luby's Cafe and mention it often.

9. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

The bright spot in this incident is that the terrorist took a dirt nap instead of his victims. The downplaying/slanting/revision of the truth is utterly standard with the MSM now.

(BTW: I remember KIlleen. And so do my children and grandchildren.)

The best seat in the house is the one that lets you watch the front door and your vehicle in the parking lot--that's also close to an emergency exit. Can't always get that, but it's always smart to try.

For years I taught my self-defense students that one of the best unarmed responses to an armed attacker in a restaurant was to to immediately start throwing everything that could be thrown while yelling "STONE HIM!!". With an Islamic, especially, that ought to put the fear of 47 Virgins into him, and very few criminals can stay on task when twenty people are slamming them with everything from full coffee cups to chairs.

But that's an expedient defense--nothing beats packing heat when you need it.

Aeason, Yard Dart, AD1 and 4 others like this.
  10. kellory

I'm always more comfortable with my back to the wall. There are very good historical reasons for glass bottom tankards. (Never block your view of the room)

11. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

I'll drink to that!

Seepalaces and kellory like this.
  12. kellory

By the way, I know that restaurant. Been by it a few times, never yet tried it. It's local.

13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Geez... and I thought I put my back to the wall and watched the front door because I was paranoid....glad to see you'll all of the same cut. :):) PARANOIDS UNITE! :)

Frankly, I would not go into a restaurant, fast food, or anyplace that I can't carry my gun. I am licensed and if they don't want me then I don't want them - period. I always carry concealed...never open. We don't have that problem around, thankfully, and I always look for signs but haven't see any - yet. I take my gun off only when I am in the house, at home, and it is always in reach plus a second one and soon to be a third. Hell, my instructor said one should wear it "...all the time except when retiring to bed" and he is one of the best in the country. Plus, I carry heavier now. After San Bernardino, I now carry a Glock 19 (15 rounds) instead of my Kahr P9 (8 rounds).

@UncleMorgen, BTW I love that ....."STONE HIM!" LOL!!!!! :):) - Rick

14. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I had a girlfriend once who called me paranoid, used to tell me all the time that random violence wasn't a thing, and I didn't need to be ready to fight at all times...she was being a horses ass on the way home from some place one day, and I told her we were through. My attention is on the road, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a blur...reflexes kicked in, and my arm flashed out, caught a wrist, and twisted...chick had pulled a Buck 119, and was trying to stab me.

On that day, I quit thinking I was paranoid, and knew I was sane.

Aeason and kellory like this.
  15. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

UncleM
    My wife is conditioned well now. When we go into a restaurant, she knows I always will always demand specific tables out of what are available. Then she stands and allows me to select my seat(and she knows why) and then knows I will tell her what seat to take: visibility, quick cover and exfil .

We have an agreement that if I say a code word, she will obey my commands without the typical wife/husband diatribe.

Same thing in movie theathers and outdoor crowds. Codeword said: she complies no questions asked. At least thats the agreement. Have not had to execute that plan yet thank God.

Rick I like you carry all the time. Always concealed so I maintain the element of surprise: advantage ME!

I carry a Glock 35 full frame long slide SW 40 cal. 3 mags with 15 rounds of defensive rounds. My vehicle will have a backup and spare ammo of at least a box.

During high alert times, I will have my M4 or K&M Arms M117 and my 511bail out bag in the vehicle if I am out. 5 Rings Tactical: GEAR REVIEW: 5.11 Tactical - "Active Shooter Bail Out Bag"

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  16. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

This is a damn fine idea! We'll make this happen starting today.

The wife and I do have a bit of and edge because whenever we want to talk to each other in private we speak Russian which few know. Sure helps when pushy sales men are around :):) but also when you don't like the look of some suspicious character.

@AxesAreBetter - now that is scary. I have had two such incidents in my life. One of them, the woman hit me in the head with a can of Chili, knocked me to my knees and almost out, lots of stars....even now I keep a watchful eye for flying chili cans. :):):)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    kellory, BTPost and AD1 like this.
  17. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

As they say in these parts, some peoples kids.

18. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Rick

My wife is stubborn as the come and we "discuss" things a lot.

She has a tendency to freeze or go into brain lock under stress. It's like she has a hard time processing and arriving at a solution. Dont get me wrong she is very intelligent.

After all of the terrorist attacks we had a talk about who is better at being in control in a shooting/mass casualty attack/ earthquake/critical situation....... I am!

So in that case we agreed that when the code word gets dropped, she focuses on me and my words, nothing else. I dont need her brain trying to process the event and listen to me at the same time. Information overload!!!!

In most scenarios, we move off of the X together, my hand on her shoulder guiding her.

If things evolve too fast and I have to draw, she knows to get down behind me and stay low/there until I tell her to move.

She does not carry "yet" but I am slowly working on it. At the point when she does, the tactics will have to change.

For now its the only time she is totaly submissive to my commands. All other times I dont stand a chance ;)

19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick is one of the "Take charge" types because of her ER Nursing Training... She has been a CCW Holder, for many Decades, even though we live in a Constitutional Carry State... We both have Washington State CCW Permits, but as she spends a significant amount of time in NYC, (basically a Carry Prohibited State, and City) She carries a Walking Stick/Club when she is there.... She is very aware of her immediate surroundings, ALL of the time... So we don't normally have to deal with these kinds of situations... However, I really like the "Code Word" thing, when out in public.... We will have to have a "Chat" about that... Soon... She isn't going to be traveling, any time soon ... Not, with two Broken Arms....

AD1 likes this.
  20. kellory

Give her my best wishes for a quick and full recovery.

1. 3M-TA3
  2. Bandit99
  3. Cruisin Sloth
  4. DKR
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Motomom34
  9. Motomom34
  10. HK_User
  11. Gator 45/70
  12. DKR