1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Blow gun hunters or fishermen or fisherwoman

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Bishop, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+

Any one out there hunt with blow guns or fish with blow guns if so let's see your set up.
  2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I shoot fish with my bow, a speargun, and a hand spear but never tried a blowgun. I do use a blowgun on pesky tree rats occasionally. My blowgun is a simple length of conduit pipe, the darts are sharpened pieces of brazing rod with a paper cone taped to the end, nothing fancy but hits as hard as the commercial ones I have played with. My real dart gun is a Remington .22 that has the barrel plugged and a .50 barrel on top with a gas manifold to regulate the velocity of the tranquilizer darts. A .50 dart filled with thiorozine will stop a grizzly, so I have been told. The manufacturer was in North Georgia, he used to sell darts loaded with formic acid (think fire-ants) as a home defense round.
    kellory likes this.
  3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+

I am trying to find my pictures of how to fish with a blow gun what I do is make a few 16 inch darts out of dowel rod and wire nuts I then put super glue finish on them lot dry sand super glue finish then sand again this waterproof the dart I then zip tie a 202 reel to the blow gun I use a cold steel big boar by the way any way attach the line I like 6 lbs test to the dart then suck it up the blown gun I then go to a pond rock pit any where there pan fish and take bread and throw out to bait them up by the way a good pair of polarized sun glasses help a lot when the fish come up to hit the bread they like to stop about 3 inch below before they strike aim just below them and shoot on a hit reel them in would check your local laws I am sure it's illegal except on rough fish.
    Seacowboys likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary